𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 | ʙᴀʟʟᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ ʜɪꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱ

TO YEARN FOR FREEDOM AND TRANQUILITY

TO YEARN FOR FREEDOM AND TRANQUILITY. How does one remove the curse of endless suffering? Why must it only be shouldered by one person alone in the dead of night? To hear the loud and painful cries of regret by the angered gods buried deep within the land. A warrior of ancient times, whose fight began thousands of years ago that continues until now. A warrior who has lost a part of himself and has found himself in solitude. He who never has been able to find peace when a piece of him disappeared from this mortal world.

Watching the land of Liyue from the balcony of Wangshu Inn, a certain dark-haired Adeptus stood in silence as the dawn came nigh while dusk reached its mid. Illuminating the lush grassy ground, the clear coastal waters of the river reflected the shine of the moon mixed with the stars. The sight of potted Qingxin flowers on his right captured his attention. Reflecting thoughts of his past plagued his mind when he found himself in a daze.

If only he had been faster...

if he was just stronger...

if only he could control it, then maybe...

Maybe things would be different. Maybe he wouldn't have had to wait. Maybe everything would remain the same as it was - the way it was before anything that felt like he lost a part of him.

The Cataclysm didn't just destroy Khaenri'ah, but it also took the lives of many people along in the process.

He swore a promise before. A promise he'll carry out no matter how long it'll take. But with the karmic binds keeping him in restraints— the curses that dwell on his existence. He has pondered in search of an answer to a question that continuously disturbed him for over hundreds of years.

But his question can only be answered by time. A time he hopefully has. For now, he can only wonder and regrettably resume to drown in the waters of deep solace.

 For now, he can only wonder and regrettably resume to drown in the waters of deep solace