epilogue

nooo i can't believe i'm ending my first book EVER WHAT (╯ರ ~ ರ)╯︵ ┻━┻

It has been years. And just like season, things changed. Mark's feelings for Donghyuck didn't though.

He had planned many dates, some were a surprise, some were spontaneous. And some were really special, just like this one.

"Where are you taking me, now? I'm too old for surprises, Markie!" he whined, feeling excited for what may come. Donghyuck sounded quite irritated but he really wasn't.

"No you're not." Mark talked in his ear as he lead him somewhere, hands on the younger's eyes to cover them.

"We're almost there, just one more step."

Mark uncovered his eyes without a warning and he swore he could've cried right at that moment. The sound of people squealing made sense.

Mark took him to an event where one of Michael Jackson's concert was gonna be played. He had talked about it to the older multiple times and how bad he wanted to go.

They were in a private room though, unlike all the other people that were waiting, outside already seated. It had a big glass window, allowing them to see everything and giving them a great view of the screen where the show was going to be played.

You'd also find speakers there and the room seemed soundproof. There were a variety of food placed on a long table just beside the sofa they were sitting on. Wow.

"I'd kiss you if only there weren't CCTV cameras here." Donghyuck told the older. Of course, Mark had asked to turn them off, but you can never be safe enough when you're a celebrity.

Truth to be told, people shouldn't be on their business anymore, they'd stop performing 5 years ago. They didn't leave SM, it's just that they don't promote anymore.

Donghyuck settled on just holding Mark's hand under the blanket and placing his head on the older's shoulder.

Mark watched as his lover fanboy over his idol. He loved seeing his eyes shine like that. Loved seeing his bright smile like this.

What was even more interesting was during a performance, someone had proposed to their significant other outside. Donghyuck cooed at this, he thought that it was such a nice way to ask for your lover's hand.

He sighed and faced the other "They're so cute." Mark ruffled his hair, badly wanting to kiss him.

"That was so cool! You should've told me we were going so I could've at least prepared a little more." Haechan excitingly entered their apartment. Their own apartment.

He was twirling and dancing around, singing to some of the songs that we're played earlier.

Mark admired Donghyuck so much. He hugs him from the back, he thinks his heart is gonna jump out of his chest.

Donghyuck just smiled at the gesture, he should've known that the older would be drained by now. He led them to their bedroom, wanting to just lay and cuddle with Mark.

He expected to see their fluffy bed, but the room decorated with fairy lights welcomed him instead. "Mark!"

Donghyuck with a shocked expression faced the said man. "Oh my God, you did not!"

"But I did." he kissed him. "You know I've been dying to kiss you since earlier. I had to sit there for hours, resisting your lips."

"So kiss me." he pulled him into a kiss, also to their bed. Donghyuck felt the soft material on the back of his knees, he sat but didn't let go of Mark's lips.

The older wrapped his arms around the well crafted waist and held him to place Donghyuck's head on the pillows. Their lips parted just because they needed to breathe.

Diving back in immediately after they got the chance to do so. The kiss was soft as ever. Donghyuck wonders how come Mark was so sweet, especially today.

Mark pulled away and made Donghyuck sit on his lap.

"Have I told you that I'm addicted to your lips?"

Donghyuck chuckled.

"That I think your moles are so well placed just like how well God planned us; meeting, somehow becoming inseparable?"

"You are so cheesy." he kissed the older's neck.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" Mark's voice became softer.

"Yeah, like everyday." he pecked the other's lips.

"It's because I do."

"And I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Donghyuck. I can't imagine a day in my life without you. Somehow that's my life's default now."

Donghyuck just smiled at that, left with no words to say yet he felt so much.

"I'm gonna tell you something. Please don't freak out."

He laughed at the Mark's request, "No promises. You're really unpredictable, you know?"

Mark sighed.

"I want to tell you that...I have a small box in my pocket right now. Inside it is a ring." he said pulling the said box out. Donghyuck stopped breathing.

"I'm gonna tell you that I want to marry you, Donghyuck." his voice was shaky, tears forming in his eyes. It was the same for the other, he is glad that he's in the older's embrace and not standing up or else he would've fell straight to the ground.

"I'm telling you that I love you so much, Donghyuck." he couldn't bare his feelings anymore so he looked down, a tear rolling down his cheek. Mark's hands made it's way to his chin, holding it ever so softly, making Donghyuck look him in the eyes.

"I'm saying that I want to spend my life with you and that...I..." Mark's voice betrayed him.

"I'm asking you...Will you marry me?"

"Mark!" he whined in the said man's neck, wetting it in the process. Mark giggled at this. The younger finally looking up at him, sniffling, their tear-filled eyes meeting.

"Yes, Mark. Yes..." Donghyuck sobbed and went back to his position earlier where he felt so safe.

They savoured that moment before Mark took Donghyuck's hand from his nape, finally opening the tiny box that revealed a silver ring that had a small diamond on it. Donghyuck laughed at himself, he can't believe that he's engaged.

Mark took it from the box and sniffled, slowly putting the ring on Donghyuck's finger.

It fitted so perfectly, just like how Donghyuck did in Mark's life

AAAAAAAA 🥹🥹🥹🥹 i told you the i love the ending!!