[one]

They say that the strongest soldier takes the harshest battles. But when did I prove myself to be the strongest. When was I made to be some kind of hero. I hardly feel like a hero. I hardly feel anything at all.

I did not ask for this life. I didn't wish upon a star for abilities beyond comprehension. I did not pray to whatever god would listen. No, I was born this way. I was born a witch.

To some, being a witch would be one of the greatest things to ever happen to them. And at first I would have agreed with them. When I first developed my powers, I was amazed by what I could do. The things I could create. The new world my eyes could not seem to get enough of. But as the years grew on. As the hardships weighed down my shoulders. I no longer feel blessed or honored.

No, I feel empty.

"Come on Celeste," Stiles whines, "It'll be fun I swear." His puppy dog eyes were lethal but my resolve was far worse.

"Stiles, you said that last time but I ended with a black eye and alcohol poisoning," I say barely glance up at him from my laptop. His face screws up for a second but it quickly switches back to his begging expression.

"Look that...wasn't the greatest night but this one will be different I promise. I'll stay by your side the whole night and watch you like a hawk."

I just scoff at him. He has been my best friend since the first grade but that doesn't mean he's completely trustworthy. He has good intentions but it doesn't always work in his favor...or mine.

"I honestly just want to finish this essay than fall into a small coma," I stretch hard as I try to ease the tension from my body. Being a student and a witch can put some serious strain on your body.

I almost thought he'd given up, until I turn around and he is on his knees with his hands folded in front of him,

"Please"

I sigh as I look at him. I try so hard to resist him but I can't help but give in. I shut my laptop with a huff and shove it in my bag.

"Fine stilinski, but you owe me one."

I grab my bag and walk out of his room. His shouts of victory are loud and proud. Until he trips and falls face first. I can't help but laugh as I open his front door and walk across the street to my house.

I really just need to sleep. I can feel every part of my body strain as I move. And my head feels like it's been filled with bricks.

The garden by my front door is filled with all different plants and herbs that have flourished in the warm spring. I pick a single stalk of lavender before I open the door to my home. My aunt Esther is nowhere to be seen. She probably picked up another shift at the hospital.

My stomach rumbles from my neglect of feeding it. But the ache of my body is enough to ignore it. I don't even make it up to my room. I collapse on the couch and put the lavender under the throw pillow as I quickly pass out from exhaustion.

My heavy eyes open on their own accord despite how badly I wish for them to stay closed. I pull my sore limbs from the couch and grab my phone. 7:25 pm. Great I've only been asleep for an hour.

I sigh as my mind refused to shut back off. I open my eyes again to see a missed text from stiles.

"Don't forget you said you'd come. Be ready by 8:30 so we can be there by 9."

Of course. I put my hands over my eyes and will myself off the couch. Slowly, I walk up the old wooden stairs and trek down the hall to my room. The smell of rose and birch wood help ease my mind.

I shut the door and make my way to the small white desk I have in the corner of my room. I reach for the amethyst sitting on the shelf and let it sit in my palm. Absorbing the calming effect of the crystal.

I can access the power of nature as a witch. Which, in itself is pretty cool. The simplicities of being a witch will never get tiring. But the constant need of my help from others does. I do not mind helping people but sometimes I wish I could have a break. Just one day where I can be a normal teenage girl. No worries about werewolves, vampires or whatever danger lurks around the corner. Just worries about if my crush will ask me to prom or if Tom Cruz is really in the Illuminati.

My sisters are one of the biggest reasons I'm glad to be a witch. We are not sisters by blood but by Union. We, together, are a coven. And without my coven I'd be lost as a person and as a witch.