Young love

Summary: Aemond pulls a prank on his betrothed—which goes to far (pure fluff)

Word count. 2.5k

Warnings: Idk made up horror stories? Slight cursing

Aemond had settled to the dinner parties over and over as one of his princely duties. Of which included a marrying a lady of a suitable house. He had been aware of that and wasn't resistant at all to oblige when it came to fulfil it. Hence they say sat at the grand table for the celebration of joining of two houses, soon to commence marriage of y/n and Aemond. They had known each other for a while Aemond had rather some sentiments involved with those kind gestures and love y/n held for everyone and everything in her eyes. His feelings for y/n grew more than quite a lot. As the dinner table escalated more into the celebratory grounds it left only the two of them at the table. Y/n nervously fidgeted with the ends of her dress while Aemond was unaware what conversation to strike.

Normally it was so easy to start a conversation with y/n, she'd always listen she'd always have an input ever so welcoming and calm he had found that to be one of the very first things that made him develop feelings for her. "Pretty cold this evening isn't it?" he started off catching her attention. Weather wasn't the general centre of most their conversations but as it got tense full for Aemond to initiate a conversation he went with the most common one.

"Yes!" Y/n said turning her head slightly from her chair to face him "10th of the full moon! My old nan used to say it's the month of the spirits."

"Month of the spirits?"

"She used to say this time of the year is when the dead come to visit...the evil ones rather-she had all sorts of stories about them. She believed them to be true" y/n chuckled shifting in her seat "Can't blame old nan for telling her marvellous storytelling can you?"

"I don't entirely disagree with your old nan" Aemond reply with a smirk on his face as he took a sip from his wine cup. Obviously he didn't believe them to be true like y/n but he had came across the information lady y/n was known for a few jests and pranks...why not then?

"You can't possibly be serious" at first she laughed moving further in her seat to get a clear look of his face which had unchanged expressions. "Evil spirits?"

"I don't confirm all of them exist...or exist at all but I do believe not all stories are entirely untrue" his lips curled into a smile as y/n laughed again. The sight of her laughter could get him through everything he believed.
"Sure" she shook her head in obviously disagreement lifting her wine glass from the table.

"I too wouldn't believe the stories but I lived through one I can't bring myself to deny its existence." This perked up y/n's interest but only at a slight because she strongly believed spirits don't exist other than old nan stories.

"Lived through one?"

He nodded leaning a bit closer to her "A few years ago the city watch was troubled with the missing accounts of young women in king's landing—missing. Right from the entrance of their houses be it the merchant's wife or a servant girl they were never seen again. This facade went on for a month or so until one moonless cold night like this one a trail of blood appeared from the forest borders—a long trail" his voice turned raspy to sound more intimidating as he continued "It was the witch's cottage. She used these beautiful young girls to maintain her own youthfulness-"

"Used them? How so?" Y/n interrupted him midway contemplating later after she asked the question if she wanted to know the answer to that.

"The details are much darker than you could imagine-much much worse than your mind could process." By this time he already had y/n believe every story her old nan told her was true but Aemond was making this up for the sake of a followed prank. "The witch was executed—the whole city was there to witness it but it is believed she still lurks the corners around this cold dark time of the year."