Relapse

I jogged lightly to catch up with everyone after I gathered all of my things, still a bit new to the building. We head towards Lunch Rush Sensei's Cafeteria, the main place where students go to eat lunch and chat during their lunch break (Thank God that the school has an actual chef, not someone who heats pre-cooked meals because I can't be bothered to wake up extra early to pack food for myself). Continuing to follow the girls, the girl with bright orange hair caught my eye again. This time she was walking alongside a boy with striking purple hair, his hands in his pockets.

"Hitoshi, you should really should get some more sleep. You look like an extra for The Walking Dead," she sighs, putting her right hand on her hip. "Can't you at least get a solid four hours?"

Wait. I stopped in my tracks, not caring that I was losing my brand-new friends in the dense cafeteria. Did she just say... Hitoshi?

The lanky boy chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Hey, I got at least five last night," he joked in response, continuing to walk leisurely. "That's an improvement," I studied him closer, trying to find something that proved my theory correct. He has a thin yet agile frame, one great for being a stealthy hero ([Bad word] you, Endeavour, I can't stop analyzing people!), and maybe one that would stay in the shadows of the night. He also reminded me of my new teacher, Aizawa Sensei, because he looked so damn tired. They shared the same sunken complexion, the deep purple eye bags that wouldn't leave their gaunt expressions. Otherwise, they didn't seem similar. My eyes jumped back to his hair, assessing it once again.

It matches... It freaking matches!!! At that point, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. All I knew was that my brother didn't die because he was standing right across from me.

Wait a second, let me roll back:

So my real name is Y/n Hitoshi, but I adopted the name Todoroki (pun not intended, but I'll lie and say it was) because it made me seem less like an outsider to my adoptive family and also because it made people forget I'm not the legitimate child of Rei and Endeavour. People don't question your past if they forget about it.

The day that Endeavour adopted me, I was screaming for a brother. His name lay etched into my skull, every curve familiar as I whispered it until I fell asleep. I was only five when I lost him, but it always pained me that I couldn't yell his name properly until I was six. Back then, I was unable to pronounce the sharp, then soft "S" in Shinso, so I would yell "Brother" every time I needed him. I guess that he wasn't looking for "Brother", but for "Shinso". That's probably why he lost me.

Thanks for the quick flashback, me! Back to the story!

A look of shock crossed my face and Mina-san, who was beside me at the time, paused and looked over at me with concern. "Are you okay? I know the cafeteria is a lot for those who are new to it-" She reassured me, her concern genuine. I shook my head, knowing that even if I tried to explain it to her, it would be a lot to process.

"It's not the crowd, it's-" I sigh, stopping mid-sentence. "Just wait for me, will you?" I didn't wait for a response before leaving the queue for lunch. All nerves, I walked closer and closer to the orange-haired girl and Shinso. I tapped Shinso on the shoulder and both of them turned around, wondering what I had to say.

I took a quick breath of air before tentatively asking him the most important question of my life. "Is your name Shinso Hitoshi?" I hope I don't seem like a nervous first-year in front of him, someone who's had a distanced crush on him for a bit now. He raises his eyebrow and I can see him stiffening just a bit.

"Yes?" He answered, confused by the entire situation. He then leans just a bit more forward, adding to his question. "Why do you ask?" The girl behind me gave me a weird combination of a glance and a defensive glare, which I don't blame her for.

"My name is Y/n Todoroki," I pause, preparing myself, "but it also was Y/n Hitoshi." I pled to myself, hoping that he remembered me just as I remembered him. His eyes widen with shock and his jaw slacks just a bit. The orange-haired glanced at me, at him, then back to me.

"Hitoshi, do you know her?" She asks, still extremely confused. Her hand remains on her hip, but her defensive attitude is gone, replaced with sheer confusion.

"I'll talk to you later, Kendo," He dismissed Kendo, still focused on me. She walks off, finding some other people to hang out with. I'm a bit surprised that she let it off so easily. I wouldn't, especially if one of my friend's long-lost sister just randomly showed up, I'd be extremely interested. After all, these things only happen in movies. 

Just as she walks off, he pulls me into a hug. A rib-crushing one, mind you. "For the lack of a better word, where the HELL have you been for the past ten years?" He asked frantically, making me feel like one of those stress toys that gets squeezed to death. "And how on Earth is your last name Todoroki? Endeavour adopted you?" He continued on and on for what seemed forever, his list of worries growing by the micro-second. 

We then sat down and discussed the past ten years of our lives, catching up on a lot. I explained to him what happened the day of the battle and he explained to me how his life turned upside-down. 

He had been taken in by an old couple who were kind and caring, practically his new grandparents. They died a few years ago, and Shinso was left with an entire house to run and about fifty-thousand in debt to pay. He paid for everything, but his life was not easy. He still had to pay all of the other bills, his food, and the mortgage and taxes with the house. 

If I'd never agreed with Mina to sit with the other girls at lunch, I would've gone on believing that my brother was dead. I'm so glad that I wasn't thinking earlier!

A/n:
I was thinking of a name for this chapter and one of the first things that popped into my mind was "Sibling Check!! (Sparkle Sparkle)(Check Mark)" and I had to tell you guys. Anyway, sorry that I didn't add a full dialogue between Shinso and Y/n, I'm too lazy today :(