Chapter One: Late!! (Again...)

(Nolan's POV)

I slowly opened my eyes to the bright sunshine peeking through the crack of my curtains, covering my crystal clear windows. I rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly.

"What time is it...?" I muttered to myself, shielding my eyes from the almost blinding light. I glanced to my side at my nightstand. I read the time written in glowing red letters on my light green clock, which I had placed some stars, moons, flowers and other space and plant themed stickers on.

8:33 It read.

"Ah shoot!" My eyes shot open as I flung my blankets off and jumped out of bed. I dug through the large pile of clean clothes that I had yet to put away. I pulled out my uniform and pulled it on. I dashed out of my room, still buttoning my shirt, and slid to a stop in the kitchen. I grabbed a granola bar and rushed to my entryway. With the granola bar in my mouth, I hopped around on the spot putting on my shoes. I pushed open the door and ran out.

"Late!! Late!! I'm gonna be late again!!" I said in a muffled voice. I slid to a stop in front of the small store. The sparkling lights above it read: Rosetta's Coffee Shop

I ran in the clear door.

"I'm here!!" I called out, luckily the cafe was empty. Mandy, probably my only friend, walked out of the back rooms.

"Nolan! Your here!" She smiled.

"I'm here!" I smiled back at her, walking up to the counter. Mandy checked her watch and adjusted her glasses. She looked back up at me with a soft smile.

"Right on time, once again." I leaned on the counter and let out a heavy sigh.

"Thank goodness, Rose would kill me if I was late again..." I chuckled softly.
Mandy giggled.

"Well, she seems pretty preoccupied trying to calm everyone down..."

"Why? Wha-" I was quickly cut off by a high pitched female squeal. I jumped.

"What was that?! Sounded like a fire alarm..." Mandy giggled once more.

"Apparently a celebrity came here yesterday and gave everyone who works at the cafe tickets to his next concert." She told me.

"Really? And I missed it!" I sighed, turning and entering behind the counter with Mandy.

"Don't worry," she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You and I still got tickets."

"Who is this celebrity anyways?" I asked.

"Not sure, I couldn't figure it out through the crowd of screaming people." Mandy shrugged. Just then, a women with shiny, wavy, auburn hair and hazel eyes with pale green eyeshadow walked out to face everyone. She wiped of her dress, adjusted her gloves and hair, and then looked at us with a bright smile.

"As most of you know, yesterday the famous celebrity, Lou, came to our cafe and gave us all free tickets!" Me and Mandy looked at eachother.

"Lou..??" I whispered.

"There's no way..." She whispered back. Rose continued to explain what was going to happen. The show was tomorrow, at the concert hall, 8:30. Rosetta then began handing out the tickets to each one of us. Me and Mandy looked at the seat numbers on our pastel blue tickets. 

"I got seat 13, you?" She said.

"Seat 14! We get to sit together!" I smiled hugging her. I stepped back and put my ticket in my pocket. The day carried on as normal, me and Mandy taking orders and making drinks and food together. We chatted the day away as we worked, and suddenly it was time for us to leave.