Hope and Dishonesty.

"Poor child..  where are your parents?"  Mary carefully  picked up the child, the child seemed to be around 8 or 9, Mary wasn't too sure, their hair was tied up into to bunches, wore loose fitting clothes and a teal-ish blue cape. The child was asleep next to a campfire in the middle of the freezing desert,  "I'll take care of you.."  she headed towards her home with the child, through the harsh winds,  the child soon waking up when they were nearly out of the desert  "who..-"  the child quickly jumped to their senses pushing themself away from Mary landing onto the sand  "WHO ARE YOU-" the child, obviously frightened,   "Be not afraid dear,  I'm Mary,  I'll be taking care of you,"  Mary held her arms out for a hug, to comfort the frightened child,  the child took a moment, thinking,  'this could mean I finally have a set home?-'  the child hugged Mary,  Mary picking them up.   "What is your name dear?"  Mary asked the child, walking through the cold desert,  "..kyo," they replied,  hesitantly,  "What a lovely name hun,  I am Mary, you may refer me to mom if you'd like,"  "okay.."  Mary headed towards the vault puzzles, that area was much more warmer, rushing over the second she noticed the child was shivering soon stopping by the cherry blossom sapling placing Kyo down,  "It should be warmer over here," Mary said, sitting down on the bench, Kyo sitting beside her.   "mhm,.- uh- where are we going?-"   "We're gonna visit the elders then my husbands grave,  or who we'd refer as your father,"    "okay!-"   Mary got up, picking Kyo up, heading towards the finished puzzles, flying through each level,  talking about how each puzzle can be solved and how teamwork can help with certain puzzles, soon arriving at the Vault elder.   "What brings you here today Mary?" The Vault elder, Lamed turned to face Mary and Kyo.   "I am here to inform you I've adopted this child"   Mary, slightly  curtsying down, having Kyo do the same.   "Well it is quite well to see you have moved on from Aster."  "Yes yes,"   "You two are dismissed, have a safe journey home."  "Will do Lamed."  

Mary picked Kyo up,  heading towards Eden, instead of where Lamed assumed they were headed.   "My dear, you have an older sibling, their name is Aster"    "cool-!"   "Your sibling wasn't quite smart, and went to visit krill, but I suppose you will do the right thing and not visit them, correct?"  "uh-- yeah I guess!"   "good, good,"   Mary stopped at the door, waiting for the krill to pass, "Do you have any questions about your sibling?"   "none that I can think of!-"  the two heading into the rocky storm, soon arriving just before the pipe that separated the flying rocks, and krill, Mary placing Kyo down behind a rock that would shield them from flying rocks as Mary rushed to the entrance of the next area.   "Dear,  I want to see if you can get past the rock, alright? try your best, I'll come get you if its too much,"   Mary stood, watching the child as they hesitantly moved out towards Mary, it felt as if time stopped,  Kyo's vision faded from seeing Mary panicked and walking away to black,  slowly opening their eyes to a red shard, closing them then opening again to seeing someone with a candle crouching down, it wasn't Mary,  'who.. is that?-..'  Kyo fully passing out as they felt themself being picked up.