chapter two

Even though our eyes met for seconds, it sent a quick chill down my spine. It wasn't the brief glance at each other, the gaze was held for a good moment. My brownish-green eyes fixed on his alluring sky blue eyes and I came to a complete stop. His friend tapped his shoulder and he looked away, ending our trance. Why did I hold the stare? I kept wondering to myself. Staring at the ground, I regained my thoughts and continued to walk to the quad. The only thing clouding my mind was him.

I looked down at my phone in hand to see a text from Evelyn and Nicole asking where I was. "There you are!" I jumped as I looked up from my phone, "It literally took you hours to get here Mae. Nicole was just about to call you." Evelyn's jet black bangs were perfectly curled to frame her face, while the rest of it flowed across her shoulders down to her heart. "Well at least you're here now with like five minutes to spare. Lucky you got here on time, Mae." Nicole cut her burnt brown hair that summer to a bob, both Evelyn and I were there to watch.

My mind went back to that boy with the headphones I'd seen a few minutes earlier. Was he a new student? I wonder what grade he's in... "Hey!" I turned my head to see Evelyn and Nicole snapping their fingers in my face. "Are you okay? You seem kinda off like in a daze" "Yeah, I'm just tired. I guess I zoned out for a second." Just then the bell rang. "Great. I'm on the third floor for chemistry. I guess I'll see you guys at break." "K bye Mae!" Despite the huge campus, tons of people were crowded everywhere. I looked down at the ground the entire way to class to make sure I didn't trip on anything and let my clumsiness take over, but I soon found myself looking at a pair of white Air Forces as I approached the chemistry room.

Glancing up, I saw the back of a guy with light bronze hair and a black backpack hung on his shoulder. We shuffled into the chemistry room and a seating chart was up on the board: with me sitting in the very back of the room next to Ash? whoever that is. I walked past other kids engrossed in their own conversations and took my seat, put my backpack on the ground next to my chair and looked up to see the guy that was standing in front of me earlier sit next to me. This must be Ash?? He had shiny brown hair and a pair of black headphones hung around his neck...I did a double take— this was the boy I locked eyes with earlier...