Deep Breaths

Aaron POV

"Shit" the word softly left my lips as I scrunched yet another piece of paper up in my hands. I don't know why but it's like I've been going through an idea drought or sum , before I moved into the my dorm a couple weeks ago I was offered to write 3 verses for A boogie to rap on his new song with NICKIII oh my fucking gosh. Every time I think of how important and groundbreaking this opportunity could be for me I get overwhelmed and the writers block kicks in. It's like when something is on the tip of your tongue but you still don't know if your answer is correct so if you say it - it might be wrong and you were so worked up over nothing. I inhaled slowly and heavily and put my hands over my face, I held still for 10 seconds and exhaled slower then a motherfucka, but still... nothing. I threw my pen down on the table and began to tap on the pages of my notebook tryna play the melody in my head to see if I could come up with lyrics I could spit, "damn... DAMN" I jumped out of my chair and I went into my bathroom.

I turned the faucet on and started to splash my face with freezing cold water, all of a sudden i heard my door open "Yoo?" I heard a voice call out. I walked out of the bathroom "h-hey" I stuttered while wiping my eyes. "Yo wassup, my names Isaiah, everyone calls me zay" he held his hand out. I was frozen in shock for a second, From his freshly twisted locs to his thick lips I could barely even think to reply "hi-hey Aaron is my name" I grinned hard and went to shake his hand but he dappped me up instead, it was weird, 'Fuck I'm so awkward' I thought to myself. "So this yo room?" He asked "yea I stay in here" I relied "yea this shit dope as hell?" He smiled and walked in with his bags. Before I could say anything he dropped all his bags on the bed opposite to mine and opened his suitcase "I guess we sharing" he said. I watched as he began to unpack all of his things. He looked up at me "so watchu wanna do- you wanna do sides or what because you gotta desk on yo side" I looked over to my desk and smiled " nah I brought that desk from ikea and built it. These rooms ain't come with shit in them but beds and one uncomfortable ass set of sheets but yea feel free" I chuckled "mch mayn so what the fuck am I paying an extra 6 thousand dollars for?" He  kissed his teeth "well the regular dorms are literally like buildings with corridors of rooms with two beds and a bathroom along with communal kitchen whereas these dorms are actual apartments with 2 rooms, a kitchen and a living room. Plus they are freshly renovated " I explained. He smiled and stared at me for a second "you know all the lil perks huh" he stepped towards me. "How you even got in here anyway? Whatchu do for a living?" "I'm a celebrity songwriter and I sing from time to time" I smirked "oh shiiit who you write for?" His made an eager expression "wellll I've written For Young Miami, Mullato, Migos, Dreamdoll and  Fivio Foreign" his eyes widened a lil and I could tell he was trying to tone down the shock on his face "damn that's crazy, I been in Fivios dm for a feature for a minute" he scratched his head and laughed. "So what do you know the musicians you write for personally?" He asked "Well yea kinda, I wouldn't say we friends but I meet them to brainstorm ideas and chill. Most of the time we go to the stu, roll up and just go through melodies and different beats so we can come up with the lyrics. I wrote Dreamdoll's verse on ThotBox and offsets verse on Bad and Boujee." I said proudly.

Isiah looked at me longingly, he hadn't stopped smiling since I began talking, "Are you okay?, I thought I was the awkward one here " I laughed. He shook his head slightly and said "am I okay ? Dawg you just told me you work with people I aspire to be on the same level as." He dapped me up again "I like you. You a cool nigga Aaron" I couldn't tell if he could tell how hard I was through my sweatpants right now but this nigga is so fucking fine oh my gosh "so what about you? What do you do?" I asked "Imma entertainer- uno I'm apart of the 0.5% of onlyfans creators but mainly I'm a rapper." He started to tie his hair up  "oh word? Your rap, we'll be good together then" I chuckled. Then I realised how that sounded "I mean- not like together like that obviously uno I just meant like, together as in homies.. or not you know I'm cool with what ever" I could feel sweat forming beneath my t shirt, as I stumbled on my words I tried to find something to do with my hands 'I look so dumb oh my fucking gosh' I thought to myself. "He just chuckled and continued to rustle through his suitcase.

I scurried back into the bathroom and shut the door, damn. All I could think about is how straight his teeth were and pink his lips are, fuck I wanna make out with that for hours, I backed up on the wall and took a deep breath "get your self together" I whispered to myself and closed my eyes.