Chapter Sixty-Five

Gabriella had been tossing and turning for a few hours before she sighed audibly. She threw off the covers and quietly walked out of her room. She walked to Troy's room and stood at the door, not intending to go in. She smiled as she saw him sleeping peacefully on his back and couldn't pull herself away. She quietly crept into his room and settled down beside him. As she laid against him, he shifted towards her and she stilled. She immediately felt guilty as the boy pulled her towards him and snuggled into her. She wrapped her arm around him, her fingers running through his hair, whispering. "I'm sorry I woke you."

He shook his head slightly, his sleepiness as clear as day. "No it's fine. Are you ok?"

"I'm alright, I'm just having trouble sleeping on my own. I guess I'm just not used to it."

"Is there anything I can do?"

She shook her head slowly, continuing her gesture. "No it's ok. Just go back to sleep."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, can I just stay in here tonight?" He mumbled 'uh-huh' in response. "Thanks Wildcat." She kissed his forehead. "Go back to sleep, I know you can't even keep your eyes open."

"Night Baby, love you."

"I love you too, sweet dreams." She continued running her fingers through his hair and smiled as he drifted off to sleep. She stared into the darkness for a few seconds, just holding him before she reached over to his nightstand and set an alarm so that his parents wouldn't find them. Troy shifted so that his head was leaning on her chest, making her heart melt at the gesture. She placed a kiss on the top of his head before she settled down to sleep.

The next day, the juniors went to school and they met up with Jack to head out. As soon as they met up with Jack in the office, the man threw a set of car keys to the boy. "You guys want to go get the twins?" He saw the smile on the girl's face. "I know Gabi's been itching to see Lilly."

Troy smiled. "Yeah thanks Dad, but what about you?"

"Your mom's coming to pick me up, I convinced her to give you two the chance to get them. I know they'll be really excited that you're picking them up and frankly, I think it'll make Lil feel a lot better."

"Awesome well we'll go get them now and we'll see you and Mom at home." As they walked out of Jack's office, Troy smiled down at his girlfriend, her giddiness was radiating off her. "You're happy, aren't you?"

Gabriella smiled brightly. "Uh-huh I'll be really happy to have Liv back. I feel weird when she's not here."

"I know you do."

They got into the car and drove to the campground. They lined up with the other parents waiting for their children and waited for them to come out. Ms Stevens came out leading the line of students. They smiled as the kids walked out and Gabriella's eyes connected with Lilliana's, a grin spreading across her face. The little girl dropped everything and ran into her sister's arms, gripping her tightly. Gabriella smiled and hugged her sister back just as tight. "Hey, how was camp?"

"Good, I missed you Bria."

"I missed you too Sweet Girl." They pulled back and saw that Jacob and Troy were talking. "Come on, let's go get your bags." Lilliana nodded and they went back to collect her stuff. They thanked Ms Stevens on behalf of the twins and walked back over to the boys. "Hey Jakie, did you have fun?"

"Yeah it was really fun!"

"That's good to hear."

Troy smiled down at the twins. "What do you say we head home and see Mom and Dad?" They agreed and got into the car to drive home. Once they drove back to the house, they found a car parked outside the house: an Audi. Troy scrunched his eyebrows together. "That's weird, Mom and Dad don't know anyone with an Audi and we sure as hell can't afford one." They walked inside to find Jack and Lucille sitting in the living room with a middle-aged woman - it was clearly a serious situation. "Mom? Dad? What's up?"