Chapter Thirteen - A goddess and a serpent

ATTENTION!
No Ragnarok Spoilers allowed in the comments section! Any spoiler comment will be banned!

It was heard then. The sound of the ax falling on poor Mimir's neck after the word "Fair Enough!" When this sound is heard, Berenice turns away, hoping that she will not dry up when she sees the severed head. Having a slowly rotting head and carrying it around is sick...
Berenice really hopes the witch resurrects Mimir. He seemed such a good man and so wise. He deserved better than this...

And Berenice and the boy turn from the other side and see with horror the severed head of the old man, being held by their father by his horns. The children hesitate to look at Mimir, whom head their father places and ties in his belt.

Berenice:So, we have a new destination, we are being chased by the children of Thor and Odin and we have a chopped off head with us...
Atreus:And Jotunheim! We're going to Jotunheim! We are going to find the lost kingdom of giants! You Berrie should be thrilled!

Berenice still wonders to herself why her mother wanted her ashes taken to Jotunheim but at the same time she is excited that this journey will reveal yet another hidden realm. The Kingdom of the Giants. Maybe this trip won't open the doors she wants to open, but some new doors elsewhere.

Berenice:Yes. I.. still wonder why would she asked us to do this but I'm still glad!

Atreus and his sister approach the bridge to Jotunheim and together they gently place their hands on the rock where the rune should be placed.

Atreus:Is this the bridge to Jotunheim? It looks like those weird doors we saw!
Berenice:Yes. Maybe that's why Odin guarded this place... no one wanted to reach the realm of the giants after the genocide even if they knew the rune for it...
Atreus:Mimir will help us figure it all out! If we bring him back to life...

On their way, they also find another silver chest with a broken piece inside, which will translate the runes of Muspelheim.

Atreus:We will be translating the runes of Muspelheim soon!
Berenice:I can't wait!

Everyone looks from the edge of the rocks and ground full of snow to the lands full of forests, the magnificent view and the forest of the witch full of trees and red leaves.

Kratos:Do you remember the path to the witch's house?
Atreus:Yes! The forest with crimson trees, south of the lake!
Berenice:Perfect! I will be very happy to see her again!
Atreus:I hope she came back from Alfheim and brought Mimir back... he looked nice... before father beheaded him.

Berenice then sees a pile of stones with some blue lights emerging from the stones and broken wood.
She remembers what Brok had told them about the bypass doors through the Yggdrasil tree and knows it's time to test those magical doors. She had been curious all this time to see what she could do and now they finally found one.

Berenice:I know where we have to go!
Atreus:Through the gate?
Berenice:Yes! Brok gave us the key, that blue stone! You still have it, right father?

Her father pulls out of the bag in his pocket the magical glowing blue stone that Brock gave him earlier and walks over to the pile of stones.
When he picks up and lays the stone on the blue glow, the rocks and wood magically transform into a medium-sized wooden door full of glitter and sparks with a glowing symbol in the middle on the wood.

Berenice:We're going back to the Lake of the Nine!

And then when their father touches the door a bunch of blue lights appear from the ground, rising to the size of the door and so Berenice and Atreus walk slowly and carefully through the gate.
When they step into the lights, they all appear in a strange, admirable place. They walk up the branches of Yggdrasil's tree which roots jut out crystals and blue lights along with blue glowing sparks everywhere.
It's a place that makes her feel strange, and there's no temperature anywhere... just... balance and confidence in the atmosphere.
She can't believe she's walking and standing on the world tree...
The first poem she wants to write when she gets home is something about the Yggdrasil Tree and its mysterious beauty.