#02: Unapologetic Brat

Training Ground

Koby swings the sword with Hemelepo. The other marine is also having their individual training. Being holed together in one area means that they are all preparing for something big. Tashigi also joined the two. "Have you seen Vice-admiral Sena? I've been looking around for her?", she asked. The two flushed and shook their head in unison. "I see. I wonder where she is hiding", the lady sighed and looked at their bamboo swords. "Mind if I train with you", she hummed.  

"Sergeant, you seemed to be acquainted with the vice admiral. Are you two friends?", Koby asked. "I don't think she thinks of me that way. We belong to the same training class. I was her senior so I have to show her the ropes but she rose in her position so fast. At the age of 12, she was already apprenticing in marine ships", Tashigi explained. "That young?!", the two were surprised. "I heard a rumor that she never uses her ability in battle. Does that mean that she captured hundreds of pirates with just her raw power?", Helmepo gasped. "She's not an ability user", the information from Tashigi shocked them more almost knocking them off. The bell rang which means they are to take their positions since it is an important day.

Dining Hall 

Hina served food for the lady reading a book. "I don't remember asking for food", the black-haired lady didn't spare some time to look at the woman. "Are you going to starve yourself? From the time we arrived, I haven't seen you take even a spoonful of soup", she scolded. "How can I eat in a place with pirates being treated like masters", Sena closed her book and stood. "Then, why are you here?!", Hina threw the spoon on her head. "The resting hall for Vice Admirals is used by that flamboyant warlord. I'd rather be surrounded by idiots than stay there as well", Sena explained. The marines who heard it froze. "These idiots you are calling are your comrades. If you don't intake any food, you'll be dead meat when the White pirates decide to attack", Hina sighed as she watches her walk away.

"Having a hard time?", Tsuru, the old woman, noticed Hina's furrowed brow. "She's twice as difficult now that she's older. Why can't any of the Admiral supervise her?!", the woman chopped the table and it broke into two. "They will just worsen the situation", Tsuru explained. "The execution will be today", she added.

Prison Cell

The gatekeeper allowed the Vice-Admiral to head down and was met with a female warlord. Sena ignored her and continued walking. She sat on the side and opened her lunchbox. "Have you eaten? Fire Fist Ace", the lady asked. "I've got no appetite", the man answered while all his limbs are chained. "I also felt the same but a battle will surely happen. Your crew will rescue you and they will suffer for your cause", Sena leaned on the wall. It was her to whom Blackbeard surrendered Ace.

"Is this a picnic?", Ace gave a slight chuckle. "I want to enjoy the view of your demise. It brings flavor to my food", Sena turned to face the man with a smile on his face. "Soon, that grin will be ripped off your face as you see your comrades fall one by one", she said as if releasing a curse. "How are you a vice-admiral and so young at the same time?", Ace looked into her crimson eyes. "Because I hunted your kind like deer in deep forests", she answered right away. "So, we are no different with animals", the man sighed.

"What are you doing here? This is off limits", Kuzan was asked to monitor the pirate. "How about you? Are you going to see him free because you don't see this justifiable?", Sena continued eating. The ice-manipulator stand in front of the one who uses fire. "How can you be caught by a man who has a lower position than yours? Also, do you have a high level of pride? I came across hot-headed and unreasonable fire users as well", Kuzan was referring to Akainu. "He has no pride at all, Admiral. He's a dog. See, people are no different from animals", the lady finished her food and start walking away. "Did you say something about me?", the man wearing a red suit blocked the way. "I don't know. Did I?", she was unfazed. The rest of the marine soldiers gulped. "Time to get him to his execution ground", Akainu furrowed his brow. 

Ground

High-ranking individuals are gathered in the area to witness the death of the Pirate King's son. Soon, a ship fell down. 

"Pirates!!!"

Tashigi watched Sena instructing marine soldiers. Soon, the place was in chaos. A once sunny day turned to be chaotic. Koby and Helmepo are torn with hoping Luffy would save his brother and would survive the hot pot of strong warlords and admirals. 

"Is that old man just going to sit with his grandson while watching another grandson get slaughtered?", Sena's voice was audible for Koby. "Luffy will not die! He is strong", he shouted. "Strong? He was just crying as all his crewmates were sent away by Kuma", the lady walked close to Koby and drew her scythe. The young soldier closed his eyes and heard a scream behind him. He gulped as he open his eyes and saw blood dripping from Sena's weapon. Koby turned and saw a pirate trying to attack him from behind. "That's dirty", he commented. "If you're cheering on that pirate to win, I'll tell you ahead of time. He's going to lose and will not be able to save anything this time", the vice Admiral walks past him. Koby clenched his fist. "How would you know?", he said with an angered face. 

"The weak cries. The weak says... I cannot protect anyone at all. The weak fall on their knees and get disgusted with their weaknesses", Sena's words echoed in Koby's ears repeatedly. 

Platform

"Vice-Admiral. I believe you are all commanded to fight the pirates", Sengoku crossed his arms. "I was the one who brought Fire Fist Ace. If there's a reward that I should ask for, that would be the very act of killing him with my own hands", Sena looked at the man worried about all those pitiful souls getting wounded for his sake. "Get back on the battlefield. I will put you under disciplinary action for insubordination", the fleet Admiral face-palmed. "That was just if you're going to give me a reward but more of that, I want to see him suffer. Pirate, some of those idiots will die for your sake. It's amusing that you are making that kind of face. Supposed you are saved, you will forever be haunted by the fact that you lived in exchange for the ones who died", Sena raised her chin. 

Ace's face turns calmer and his eyes soften. It made the lady's eye twitch. "I don't want to live for a thousand more years. If I just live through today, that'll be enough", Ace said with a soft and genuine smile. Sena clenched her fist and was about to throw it but Luffy fell from the sky. The lady was also wrapped in strings as she was thrown in the air. 

After some time, the son of the Pirate King is running together with Luffy. Sena watches from a distance while being held by Whitebeard pirates. Koby held some soldiers and assisted the vice-admiral. "You were mistaken, Vice- Admiral", Koby have a victorious smile painted on his face. "I don't give judgment out of baseless opinion", Sena felt Akainu's presence from behind. "Do you know why we do not permit such bad eggs to live?", the lady gives one slash pushing the surrounding enemies aside. "So that people can live as humans. So that people can live free", she said as she stood still at the sight of Akainu giving the finishing blow to Ace. 

"Luffy's no longer moving", Koby was about to step in. Sena grabbed his shoulder and threw him to Helmepo. "Do not charge to your death", the lady walked away as if declaring that the war is already done. 

"Do you feel any remorse? Want to apologize? If you did not surrender him in the marine, none of this has happened", Doflamingo asked as Sena walk past him. "What am I to apologize for?", she said with a straight face.

"Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course, it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!"

Chapter end.