ANTIHERO

I'll stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror /
It must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero

ANTI-HERO          Taylor Swift

THE VACTH FAMILY

                 A man and a woman, a couple who looked happy with each other, but corroding from the inside. He distracted himself with sports and odd jobs, and she pined for a different life. Their house smelt of all the delicious meals she cooked and felt homey. When they fought, everything trembled. Their two daughters, contradicting in most ways, looked content as well.  

      The elder felt crushed by responsibilities and the what-if possibilities, and she let them crush her. And when they fought, she let her words become razor-sharp━let them become unforgiving, let the curses and wayward words become stone in her memory. She was every bit sentimental as her mother, but she was far from her━she thought herself far from her, and she found forgiveness just as fast as her mother did, but she still held them to it.

      The younger one made herself seem like an ingénue, and she was efficient in everything she did. She was hope, she was lovable, and she did a charming work of forgiving and stashing everything so deep within her. She was easily seen, and easy to know. But she wasn't free of the grief and rage━she hid it, hid everything. 

THE BLACK FAMILY

            A man and a woman, a couple who were dignified and had mastered tight-lipped smiles, but most likely hated each other. The picture frames were gilded and four walls couldn't hold her fury and distaste. Their two sons, contradicting in every way, didn't find it in themselves to smile openly at each other.

      The elder rebelled against every hope and responsibility thrown his way, letting his own knowledge of rights and wrongs invade him before his parents did. He let himself laugh openly, and let himself be carefree and oblivious. The memories of them remained stone, but he was brave enough to not let them crush him. He fought everything that was against his perception of right. He was stubborn, like his mother, but he was far from her━he knew he was far from her.