ix. peace

━━━ NINE        peace

      Sirius stumbled back with a groan, his hand instinctively wandering towards his nose.

      He felt someone holding his shoulders right before he could fall, and he didn't need to look to know that it was Marlene and James.

       Everything had happened in a flash that he couldn't comprehend what happened for a second. One moment he was taunting Raya about their victory and her wounded ego, and the next, he was falling back at the force of her punch.

      "Padfoot━" James gave him his hand, helping Sirius stand straight.

      "Fuck, Sirius, are you okay?" Marlene asked.

      "Fuc━I think she broke my nose━" Sirius trailed off. He couldn't really feel his nose, or maybe that was just the initial shock.

      "That's not good sportsmanship, Vacth━" He could hear Madam Hooch's high-pitched voice.

      He looked down at his fingers when he tasted the metallic tang of blood against his tongue, and realized that his nose was bleeding.

      "Fuck━" He mumbled, looking up.

      "Bloody hell, mate! Are you alright?" James asked, pushing his glasses up his nose nervously.

      "━'m fine," Sirius replied, wiping the blood off his hands on his scarlet and gold robes.

      "━Fifty points from Slytherin. This is a disrespect to the game and its rules. It's a disrespect to healthy sportsmanship." He saw Madam Hooch reprimand Raya and the rest of the Slytherin team towards his side. The rest of the Slytherin team began protesting at that, but they were silenced by Madam Hooch's shrill whistle.

      "And Vacth," Madam Hooch added, making Raya look up, "I want you at my office no later than six this evening. Don't think that you'll walk away without any consequences."

      Raya nodded, and Sirius noticed that the fierce look that she had in her eyes when she'd punched him was absent now.

      "And Potter," Madam Hooch turned towards James, "Please take Black to the hospital wing. He might want to get his nose checked."

      "I'm fine, profess━" Sirius began, looking away from Raya.

      He should downplay it now because he didn't want Raya to get into more trouble (even though he'd already said that she might have broken his nose at first)