the silver seahorse

"What do you think they are doing?", Rhaenyra asked with a frown.

She was laying on the floor with open arms in front of the fireplace. Her head was spinning and she felt like throwing up, but the wine cup was still near her.

"Fighting?", Alicent suggested. She was sitting on the couch with only her satin robes. Her feet were under her and she was holding the wine bottle, trying to focus her view but failing.

"Why would they fight?"

"I don't know.", she shrugged. "Men?"

"Eh, good enough.", Rhaenyra shrugged too. After a few moments of silence, she continued. "But how they are hiding the marks?"

"What marks?"

"The fighting marks?"

"What fighting?"

Rhaenyra frowned again and tried to rise in her elbows, sending a look to Alicent. "Are you drunk Allie?"

"What? Me?", she snorted. "Of course not. But you might Nyra, you are talking nonsense."

Rhaenyra let down her elbows and lay down again, watching the wall and the big candles. "Maybe I am talking nonsense."

Silence hit them again. They had started to do that ages ago, nearly a decade now. Harwin and Criston would leave them in the keep and go for a 'boys' night'. After a few weeks, they had grown bored with this custom and one thing lead to another and they started to share a bottle of wine every Thursday, which that one bottle would usually turn into at least four with time. It really helped them to mend their friendship and they knew their husbands were also trying.

It was the hour of the wolf now. Even Otto was sleeping.

Aegon was probably in the Flea Bottom, doing whatever he wants to do. Aemond -if a headache hit him again because of his eye, would probably be inside of the library, reading the newcomers from all around Essos. Helaena and the kids would go to bed fairly early, and Daeron would sometimes join Aegon or prefer to do his own adventures.

Carina and the twins -Aemma and Visenya, used this night as a sleepover night and Alicent's boys would be found in kitchens most likely. Baela and Rhaena were in Driftmark with their grandparents and uncle, Jace was in Dragonstone, and Luke had just left for Harrenhal with Joffrey. Lyonel was waiting for them in there.

"Are you sure about that match?", Rhaenyra asked again.

"What match?"

"Aemond and the girl."

"...Moira?"

"Whatever she is."

Alicent closed her eyes and rubbed her face. "I am not drunk enough for this."

"You drank three bottles yourself, it is a miracle that you haven't passed out and can form normal sentences."

"Look at you with your long lines and fancy words, as if I understand them."

"Well, boohoo.", Rhaenyra tried a lot to stand up and then she threw herself under Alicent's couch. "Are you really sure about it?"

"Marrying Aegon and Helaena was a mistake that I admit.", Alicent blurted, moving the wine bottle as she spoke. "And I do not wish to repeat the same mistake. I know how it exactly feels to force into a marriage that you don't want to."

"Then what? Why did you agree?"

"I didn't agree to a wedding.", she said with a hurt tone. "I just agreed to her arrival. Aemond is 25, old enough to marry."