chp. 5

chicago, illinois
december 16th, 1978

"that star is like floating that way." jisung's fingers crossed in front of his face in a small swoop.

"thats a circle dumbass." minho laughed, watching jisung draw circles in the sky.

"oh." jisung stopped the movement and looked at his hand before bursting out in giggles, "whoops. how funny."

minho chuckled, bringing a second joint he lit, to his lips. jisung gasped and reached out for it, "lemme have more."

"oh ho ho." minho pulled away, laughing sarcastically, "i think you've had enough sweet cheeks. if you have anymore, you might be dead on the ground."

jisung gasped even louder than before, "i'd die?!"

minho shook his head at the boy beside him, "not literally. it won't kill you, i was being sarcastic."

"oh..." jisung thought for a second, "then what'd you mean?"

the elder sat back and looked at the younger with astonishment. he was really wishing he hadn't shared his joint with him now. it started as some fun to get someone high for their first time, but now... minho was regretting his choices.

"nothing. nevermind." minho laughed, throwing the finished joint onto the ground and putting it out, "im high enough. you definitely are too. maybe we should head inside now?"

jisung stayed where he was at, looking down at the ground as he kicked his boots together slightly. "i don't know if i want to go back in.."

"why not?" minho turned his body to face jisung, leaning his body sideways against the wall. showing he was interested to hear what jisung would say.

"i just.." jisung thought, trying to put his words together with such a foggy mind, "i'm not a fan of big crowds... and im kinda scared of everyone is gonna know i'm stoned."

minho chuckled a little bit at the end of jisungs sentence, "sorry sorry.. i was taking you serious for real. but jisung." minho stopped his laughing, but kept a small smile on his face that seemed taunting. he leaned his head back slightly like he was frustrated before looking back to jisung, "everyone in there is stoned or drunk out of their minds." minho stepped a bit closer, "just let go jisung."

jisung's eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion, "l-let go?"

"yes jisung." minho put his hands on either side of jisung's face to pull their faces closer together so he could make firm eye contact, "let go of every single fuck you've ever given in your fucking life. live tonight." his smile grew, only appearing more and more taunting to jisung's mind.

the younger gulped, now even realizing how close his body was to minho's. he didn't feel nervous. nor any negative thoughts. he felt as if he needed to follow this man in front of him. no matter where it lead him, he was going to take the hand offered to him.

he grabbed minho's hands that were still rested on his cheeks. he took them off gently, brushing off the small feeling of disappointment from loosing the warmth. "okay.. i trust you minho."

"that's a bad idea sweetheart." minho pointed his finger at jisung before grabbing the boys hand, to drag him back inside.

jisung couldn't even have time to protest after that comment. but yet.. he also didn't mind if it was a bad idea to trust minho. he felt like he needed to, so he was going to.

he felt the warmth from inside hit his exposed skin as soon as they stepped back into the lights and music. jisung could feel paranoia and nervousness sneak up his throat. but he felt a small squeeze on his hand that made him swallow it down with a deep breath. he felt a bit better, he was doing the best, but it was something he could handle.