OO2. ripple in the silence

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢:
𝒓𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆

━━━━ "this...looks creepy."

after a day had passed, and sakura's foot had healed, the dawn had arrived in the statue of seven nearest to the mansion that ember and kazuha had found on their scout. if not for the gloomy atmosphere, a stroll around the vast fields of mondstadt would have been a peaceful experience—yet here they were, standing in between an abandoned mansion and the broken statue of a god.

belle stared at the anemo archon's statue with melancholy. the statue's bottom half was almost broken, while the top half, with the figure of barbatos, was glinted with numerous cracks. the sphere in his palms, that with which used to hold the power of the wind, no longer glowed with its radiant light.

though the memory was distant, she remembered the numerous crystalflies that would give the statue a peaceful feeling to it, as if it was someplace you could call home—somewhere for adventurers to rest, if only for a while.

now...what were they? nothing. she thought, sadly. nothing, but the hollow shells of neglected celestial power.

kazuha led the team towards the edge of a cliff, which stood before what looked like a winery—except that the grapes in the once luscious farm had wilted, and vines had entangled themselves in the walls of the bricked mansion.

"this is the place." kazuha announced, almost breathlessly. "i think...there might be people that can help us in there—or, people we can help."

dmitri raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. "might." he emphasized, frowning. "and if there are instead glaciers inside?"

ember grinned at the pink-haired boy. "easy! we, my friend, will simply beat 'em up!" he said, winking at him. he hollered an enthusiastic cheer and jumped down the cliff with ease, landing on his feet.

dmitri sighed, but followed along reluctantly as he slowly flew down the cliff with his tattered gliders—which he and the rest of the dawn found back in mondstadt city. though none of them were naturally good at clothing, they made do with what they had and tried their best to fix the broken wings.

"did he just jump down?" scarlett said, exasperatingly. she facepalmed, breathing deeply into her hand. "sometimes i feel like we're taking care of a child."

she scowled at the sight of ember waving at the group above the cliff, shouting at them to "get down here, cowards!". scarlett sighed—their leader's unparalleled (and rather annoying) energy seemed to evident, even from miles away.

"to be honest, i'm used to it." marc chimed in, approaching the girl. he hummed nonchalantly then smiled innocently at her. "the same way i'm used to your grumpiness, ms. von feldt~"