A torch bearer in students' life

Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great mentor!'Who is a mentor?It is well said that a good mentor can inspire hope within students and ignite their imagination totransform into the shape of reality. Each and every student needs someone in their lives, whocan guide them through their path of acquiring knowledge, wisdom, and a future based on theirskills. Even our history has witnessed such great leaders who were guided by wise Teachers,like Chanakya for Chandragupta Maurya and Lord Krishna for Arjun. Just imagine what wouldhave happened if they were not provided with the right guidance and support. Would they havebeen able to establish themselves the way they did?And the same question lies for today's generation as well. Everyone in their lives needssomeone who can light up their path toward their successful future by letting them get aware oftheir inner potential. But various studies have shown that students who don't opt for mentoringprograms fall for doubts regarding their chosen courses in the future more than the studentswho do.Does mentoring really help?There was a case study conducted on the role of mentoring in organizational learning at auniversity. The study was based on the idea of becoming flexible and adaptable with the help ofmentoring, as one on one interactive process of developmental learning based on the premisewill help the participants in having reasonable frequent contact and sufficient interactive time.This paper sought to address the gap in the literature on mentoring in academic settings. Theycontributed a case study on mentoring as a pedagogical tool to enhance student education inlocal community management and animation. It presents an implementation of a mentoringprogram for students of one of the Polish universities.As they conducted the study, their results were clear.● As it stems from research results, the mentoring program implemented atUniversity X has proven to be successful and measures up to expectations.● Also in this case, mentoring has shown to be an effective and innovativedevelopmental tool in educational institutions, which helps students to build a linkbetween academic life and life after college● It shows students that the business world includes people who are interested infostering their development, providing networking opportunities, and helping studentsdevelop the skills they will need in the real world, which has been pointed out byrespondents.It is crucial to remember that in a learning organization there exists a need to be self-reflective,honest, and open to changes and learning new things. That is why mentoring is an importantsource of individual learning and development, which can help reflective practice flourish. Theresults clearly mentioned that it is worth remembering that mentoring offers students a glimpseat life in a business setting and can reduce stress, enhance career success and increasesatisfaction.Impact of mentoring on students' emotional well-being!One more study was conducted to understand the structure and process of mentoring whenformalizing in an organization and to measure the impact of formalized mentoring in creating apositive workforce.● The results of the study again concluded that mentoring could be used as a tool todevelop a positive workforce and provide insights into the processes and systems whichfacilitate establishing and running mentoring as a program in an organization.● According to the survey they conducted, they observed how mentoring the childhelps him/her in getting better insights into their skills and their best implementation.Life-Changing Decision!One article on edweek.org has compared and concluded how students' lives are impacted andchanged when they are guided or mentored by someone with beneficial knowledge andexperience in the field.They quoted, "Mentorship in middle and high school has the power to impact the course ofstudents' academic and personal life trajectories. Human connection built on trust is the gluethat binds students' academic and personal lives and helps them make sense of their futures;it's also the reason that most teachers enter education in the first place."The compared results?According to the Hechinger Report, not enough students have mentorship in today's times andthere is a grave requirement of changing it.● The report has mentioned that according to a 2006 report by the AmericanPsychological Association, "mentored individuals often earn higher performanceevaluations, higher salaries, and faster career progress than non-mentored individuals."And not having a mentor can slow career progression.● For instance, a 2015 analysis of Harvard law school graduates found that womenwho had not become partners in a firm had fewer mentors during their first five yearsthan either women partners, or men who had not achieved partnership status.All the above-mentioned reports, surveys, and studies have shown how mentorship plays a vital rolein a student's life but not every child is fortunate enough to have the access to it. They face a lot ofliabilities that pull them back from getting a lifetime asset in their lives.This condition can even lead to great regret in the future because moving ahead without havingenough knowledge and guidance from the people in the field themselves might make you feelhelpless. Therefore, Ostello has come up with all the options for all the students to get access toevery mentoring facility in their career path.