Chapter Eighteen

Percy

The next morning everyone faced the consequences of going to a party on a Sunday. On his way to class Percy saw people sleeping on the floors, everyone looked like walking zombies. To his knowledge, it was really hard to skip class at Hogwarts and not get caught, they were living inside the school after all. So Malfoy told everyone to go to class that day to avoid any suspicion. When he got to defense against the dark arts it was way worse than he thought. Most of the class had their heads down, probably sleeping. The windows were covered by curtains which made the room more gloomy than it already was. Even Neville Longbottom looked like the life was drained out of him.

The professor slammed the door open and came in. The good news is, Percy finally learned his name. He was new this year, because the last professor turned out to be a death eater. His name was Theoderic Tristram and he looked old, really old. He opened up the curtains which made everyone squint, including Percy.

"Today we are doing something a little different," He said. He took his wand out of his pocket and put up a strange wardrobe. "Everyone stand up, I want you to get in line in front. You might remember this curse from your third year, if you do, well good, and if you don't, good luck." The first one in the line was Neville, who looked nervous and irritated at the same time.

"Excuse me Professor, but what exactly is the curse?" he asked.

"The Riddikulus curse of course!" he said. Neville eyed the rattling wardrobe, and stepped forward queasily. "Now Mr. Longbottom, what would you say is the thing that frightens you the most?"

"I-"

"No! Don't tell me! Imagine it!" Sparks flew from the professor's wand and the wardrobe burst opened. A tall figure appeared in front, it did not take long for everyone to see it was Professor Snape, though something was different about him.

"Riddikulus!" Neville cursed, and Snape turned into a rather cute hamster with a ballerina dress. The class laughed, watching Neville turn with a smile on his face.

"Next one up!" called Professor Tistram, "Ron come on forward"

Ron walked up to the wardrobe and the professor flicked his wand again. A lot of spiders appeared in front of him, gigantic black spiders with big red eyes. When Percy was seven he read Charlotte's web, since then he always kind of liked spiders, but he never said anything because of well...she who must not be named.

Soon enough the spiders turned into clowns and a girl Percy didn't know stepped forward, and then went Draco, whose boggart was his own father surprisingly, but no one dared to say a word. Then went Hermione, who casted the spell so quickly Percy barely had time to look at it. Next up was the great Harry Potter. Harry walked right in front of the wardrobe looking confident, with the flick of a wand the wardrobe opened, and nothing appeared apart from a dark fog. "Guess I don't have any fears anymore Professor," he laughed.

"Everyone is afraid of something Potter. You are not concentrating. Try it again, and do it well this time."

The wardrobe closed and Harry aimed his wand at it in annoyance, when it opened again a tall figure appeared. Percy laughed in disbelief . Right in front of the wardrobe, stood Percy, well a boggart Percy. Gasps and whispers broke out but it was funny, at least to him, that the so called fearless Harry Potter was afraid of him.

"Riddikulus!" he said, but the fake Percy did not go away, "Riddikulus!" he repeated, but yet nothing happened. Suddenly, fake Percy took out his wand and aimed it at Harry.

Professor Tistram stepped in, and snapped his wand, making the boggart go away.

"Well done, everyone! I think that's enough practice for today. Class dismissed."