Chapter 8

Harry arrives at the cafe watching as the shop is more packed than usual. That's odd. Maybe it's a free coffee day or a free muffin day.

Harry remembers when he first started working here and gave those suggestions. He got the idea from watching 'The Office' and seeing free pretzel day. Seeing how people would line up for free items. It would definitely bring a crowd in, Harry was sure of it. Nobody would listen to him about how popular the shop would become because he was just as they used to call him 'fresh blood.' But then the manager who happened to be one of the frat boys brought it up and they ate up the idea.

Does Harry still resent them? Maybe.

But Harry knew it was his idea and look at him now, having the same frat boy beg for his attention. So, guess you could say, Harry was the true winner in the situation.

Harry sighs, sitting at the corner booth pulling out his phone deciding to scroll through some social media for the first time in a decade. Harry wasn't a huge fan of social media, he always opted to engage in conversation.

Did he have all the apps? Yes, he did but only because Niall begged him and said he needed to be seen as cool for being Harry's only real follower.

Harry was too focused on watching a chocolatier build a shark out of white chocolate that he doesn't even notice someone was sitting with him.

"Oh, sorry."

"Finally. I've been sitting here for five minutes Styles."

Harry chuckles but soon catches Zayn's disapproving nod from the corner of his eyes and he instantly shuts his lips.

"Sorry. I lost track of time."

"Can we get started? I'd rather not be here the entire night."

Harry nods being too afraid to say the wrong thing. He just has to get through the session and then he can go back to thinking about Louis.

Just one session Harry, it can't be so bad right?

And Harry was right.

Harry watches as Zayn fires through all the questions like they were muscle memory.

"You're good at this. I think you're ready."

"You think?"

"You haven't gotten a single question wrong for fifteen minutes. I think you're solid."

Harry notices Zayn's eyes light up and there it was. That spark inside Harry. The feeling that he wanted to have. The feeling of making someone happy and successful.

"Zayn, I guarantee you'll pass tomorrow and if you don't, then I will personally take the blame."

"I sure wasn't."

Harry laughs and notices how Zayn seems to be trying his hardest not to smile but he also looks a bit troubled.

"Are you okay? You look a bit confused. Is it the questions? We can work a bit more on certain topics if you don't feel completely sure."

"I have to ask you something."

"Okay."

"What's your intention?"

"With English? Well, I decided to become an English major when-"

"Not that. With Louis."

"Oh."

"Oh? That's all you have?"

"No. Sorry. You caught me a little off guard there. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know if Louis's mentioned it yet but we're best mates. Literally. We live together and he works for me. I would do anything for him and I know he would do the same. I'm asking as his lifelong mate, what are your intentions?"