Chapter Thirteen

Lynn is dipping bread in milk. Dry, normal, white bread. In milk. She, Reign, Kerry and I, are sat around the dining table.

Kerry is tucking into her fifth bowl of Coco Pops, Reign and I made a salad together and Lynn is... dipping bread in milk.

"That's almost sex offender behaviour." Reign remarks, eyeing Lynn. She looks throughly disgusted. "Lynn, is everything alright, love?"

Lynn looks at her, not fazed a bit. "Have you tried it?"

"No." Reign says. "Cos I'm normal."

"Reign." I warn.

"What?" Reign wheels on me. "You can't tell me that isn't some form of a cry for help?"

I shrug, watching Lynn saturate the bread in the milk and suck the liquid from it. She makes a slurping sound so loud her mouth is like an open aeroplane window, sucking it all out.

I throw Reign a look. "It's what she likes. Let her eat what she likes."

"Fine." Reign grumbles. There's a brief silence before she looks back at Lynn, "But seriously, if you need someone to talk to my door is open. Or my instagram DMs. Facebook Messenger. You can reach out however-"

"Reign." I cut her off.

Lynn isn't laughing but I'm not sure Reign is joking.

"Fine." She says.

Lynn looks at me. "Is Jordan your boyfriend?"

All eyes turn to me, expectant. Suddenly I wish I let Reign continue her tirade. 

Reign says, "If you call him just your friend, so help me God-"

I shake my head. "He's not my boyfriend, we've only kissed once. You wouldn't call someone you've just kissed once your boyfriend, would you?"

"Come on," Kerry says. "Jordan isn't some random hook up. This has been going on for weeks."

I have had a permanent grin on my face since we kissed a week ago. Even Jordan has dropped the whole 'friends' thing. We are dating. It hasn't been said but it's hard to date anyone else when you're glued to someone's side and you hold hands, drink coffee and spend every waking moment texting, talking or laughing.

I've never felt this intensely about anything.

It is quite apparent that this is more than just a crush, or an attraction. Jordan is sort of becoming my whole world. It's like to know him is to feel superhuman. He's my every thought.

The first thing I do in the morning is check the playlist, because he updates it late every night. Here's what I have so far.

1. Green Eyes - Coldplay
2. Give it All - Foals
3. I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys
4. I Dare You - The XX
5. Wish I Could - The Wandering Hearts
6. Hurricanes - Dido
7. Wicked Games - Parra for Cuva
8.  The Time is Now - Moloko

The songs alone scream more than friends. You only need to listen to a single line of each song to know how Jordan feels. I know it's the lyrics in particular he focuses on because he told me. He said he finally understands their meaning.

Eight days, six dates. All fairly normal stuff, cinema, dinner, bowling etc etc, but all have put a permanent smile on my face. 

I'm addicted to him. 

When he leaves me alone at night, I listen to the playlist on repeat and re-read our texts. I think about the way he looks at me and how funny is. I just lay there and grin to myself in the dark of the night.