A Special Escort (Aveline)

You were but a humble resident of San Danje, often minding your own business, yet you rarely, if ever, traveled outside of the small community.

You were an assistant at the local tailor shop, with the shop containing a great deal of dresses, hats and so on, as well as more tactical wares, which were not as oftenly gazed upon customers. Your boss was, more or less, a freeloader, forcing you to handle many of the actual responsibilities of keeping the shop afloat yourself.

In your time working the place, many of the costumers were women of varying levels of grace and beauty. They often had attractive accents and, despite many of them being married or betrothed, they were not above seduction. You, however, often saw through these displays of false affection as mere attempts to obtain the wares of the shop for free, and you often had to ask these women to leave...in spite of risking them coming back with their male partners after having decieved them into thinking you hurt them somehow, and soon being on the recieving end of a beating. These unfortunate occurrences however, were few and far between, though enough of them have happened to make you contemplate abandoning the old place for something better.

That opportunity would arrive one day, when a most truly beautiful specimen of humanity walked through the door of your shop. Her voice was silky smooth, complimented by a deep French accent and a beautiful green dress which betrayed the implication of her upbringing given by her skin tone and hair color. Despite sounding French, she spoke in perfect English with a strong yet gentle tone of voice that, unlike some of the other women you've served in the past, seemed entirely authentic and genuine, despite the fact that there seemed to be more to this special lady of high society than meet's the eye.

She was very kind to you, as you carefully made casual conversation with her as she sorted through your wares with all the respect a legitimate business would be entitled to. The two of you spoke of this and that, sharing a laugh after she made a joke, and eventually it seemed she found what she was looking for. A new tricorn? Seemed a bit unusual for a lady, especially one of her class you thought, but then corrected yourself as you thought, "who am I to judge?" You shrugged it off and took the pouchful of money, which, judging by its weight, seemed like it could be as much as a quarter larger than the hat's original price, yet you were grateful when she told you to keep the change.

She was about to leave as another one of those female customers of yours came back with who looked like her older brother from what you could tell. "Here he is Maxwell!" The woman yelled as she pointed at you, and the man cracked his knuckles as you closed your eyes and braced yourself for the first hit...but it never came. When you opened your eyes and removed your hands from your face, you saw 'Maxwell' being non-leathally chocked from behind by none other than...the lady in the green dress!

You were shocked, as was the man's sister who was the cause for all of the commotion in the first place. She was quick to yell at the lady in the green dress, with all the anger and aggression she could muster, though there was not a hint of true intimidation or commandment in her voice. "To hell with you, you damned cunt! I'll come back to this shithole of a store with a band to burn this cesspool to the ground! Then, we'll come for you!" At this, the lady in the green dress simply stretched out her forearms and asked, "Is that so?" As she asked this, you watched in amazement as blades popped from both of her hands, and the woman's facade broke immediately. She looked as though she were about to spit, but took another look at the lady's weapons and decided against it, and immediately ran off like a coward.

The blades then seemed to retreat back within the lady's forearms as their muscles relaxed and she turned back to you with a look of compassion drawn plainly upon her face. She noticed a few scars on your face and asked if this sort of thing happened to you often? You replied that the occurrences were few and far between, but enough of them happened to make wonder if there was something better beyond the monotony of San Danje life.