Peaceful Charter

[Ahsoka's POV]
As I'm heading back to Padme's apartment I feel a familiar presence in the force, it was Anakin. I stand down the hall watching him enter her apartment. As the door shuts, I sit and wait for him to leave. I concealed my presence as much as I could as I waited. Only mere moments pass before the door screeched back open.

Anakin stands in the doorway glancing at every inch of the hallway before walking away. I dash back to Padme's apartment and...
"There you are!" Out of the corner of my eye see him standing there with arms crossed in the middle of the hallway. "Come on and head inside I knew you were here the whole time".

He nods and we head inside. As I enter the dimly lit room, I see Padme sitting on the couch like an overprotective mother. Anakin turns to me, "Ahsoka, have a seat". I do as he asks and sit at the chair across the couch. "Alright, uh... Ahsoka you are wondering why I'm here right?" Giving me a concerned look.
"Yes, I do! You are here trying to bring me back?"

I reply in respectful tone to so honor to my former master.
"No, the decision to leave was yours to make and you did. Same as how I made my decision to break the rules of the order". His once happy expression fades to an expression of sorrow and pain.

"I know you broke the rules. You and I did it all the time while I was in the order". Trying to cheer him up and have him focus on the good days.
"No not like this Ahsoka". His head shooting to meet my gaze.

"What do you mean?" Puzzled by his words and expression. What rule could be worse than any of others we broke together? Padme steps in trying to help Anakin.
"Ahsoka, Anakin practically lives here instead of in the temple". She says hoping I would be able to put two and two together.

The gears in my spin for a few seconds before they click together.
"Oh, Wait! This is what you meant when you said you've thought about leaving the order?" I was completely shocked the reasons I thought were wrong.
He finally is able to speak up and say something back to me.

                "To put it simply unlike you being able to put senator Bonteri behind you and moving on I could not".  Seeing the look on my master's face I realize how hard this was for him to tell me.                      "So why tell me this?" Asking him in a more monotone voice. He glances at Padme before looking back at me.  Padme understanding what he was saying focuses on me and collects her thoughts before speaking.

                 "Well, since you are no longer in the order and want to stay here for the time being that we should tell you. So, when Anakin comes over you weren't thinking he is here for you". I shake my head showing that I was following along with her. I go to stand up as she starts to talk again. "Also, if you are going to stay here you are going to follow the rules here. You're only still sixteen and I would hate to see anything happen to you". I glance at her before her with a confused look painted on my face.

                 "What! What do you mean by seeing something bad happen to you? I am perfectly fine and able to take care of myself! I'm a former jedi I will be fine". I say in an aggressive tone with frustration written on me.  Padme is the one with confusion all over her expression.                                              "Ahsoka, you can't say that for sure. Even Obi-wan and I still fall victim to our enemies because we still don't know what to do in every situation. It is a price we pay as jedi". Anakin says making sure the lesson sticks in my head.

               "I'm sorry Padme I didn't mean to get agitated with you. You're like a mother to me". I apologize after realizing that Anakin was right. I don't know how the world works and I really don't know how to get out of every situation. And like that I go to bed. Hopefully things will start fresh in the morning.

Author's Note 

I have started to write an original novel and would love to get some feedback.  The first 2 chapters out of at least 20 are published. So, please do go give it a read.