Spilled coffee

Noah stepped out of his house, pulled a jacket over his uniform, and started walking to his local coffee shop or his workplace. As he walks in, he writes his name down on the sign in list, waving to his coworker Lilith as she walks out of the store.

As he stood behind the counter, he watched the minutes tick down to rush hour groaning as he wished he signed up for late night where no one could bother him. As the clock hit 4pm, people had already started walking in, and he was forced to rush around and make drinks. As the number of people slowed down a little girl came up to him and said there was spilled coffee outside the shop he thanked the girl going back to making an order noting that he need to clean that.

As his shift came to an end at 8, he gathered his stuff to leave, forgetting about the coffee a long time ago and checked out. As he turned left to go home, a guy sitting on a bench said something to him. "Watch out?" He turned to look at the guy stopping in his tracks.

"Wait, hold on, who says watch out like that?!" He stared at the guy blankly as he responded. "One you were about to step in coffee and two I do what's wrong with the way I said it!" The guy practically whined the response, but Noah understood it was just a joke. He also shot back with a "Everything.....absolutely everything is wrong with the way you said that." The guy chuckled before saying,"The name is Mark. Please inform me of a better way to say that if it's so wrong!" Noah rolled his eyes playfully, piping back with "Yes it was that wrong, and you could have said. Watch out! not watch out?" He made sure to emphasize the confusion the second time around. "My name is Noah, by the way." He said after a short pause.

Mark had rolled his eyes at Noah for making it sound so dumb but in the end, he thought it was funny. "You go to the same high school as me, don't you? We have a couple of classes together!" Noah thought about it for a second before replying."Yea, we do. I never thought about that until now, so I guess I will see you and your weird warning techniques more often?" Mark snickered at the comment, smiling with a nod. "I'll see you and your intensive questioning more often, I guess too. Couldn't say I would miss it, though!" Noah rubbed his fingers on his temples and sighed jokingly with a smile."I ought to go home, but I will see you in class, Mark!" Mark said bye, and they both waved as Noah walked off and he thought over the encounter with a small smile.