•part one•

The pain in her leg felt worse every step she took, Naomi was extremely close to collapsing in the alley. Her only motivation to keep going was that she knew they might catch up if she slowed down.

"Come on Blake, pull it together!" Naomi cursed herself out in an attempt to self-motivate. After cutting out her tracker she was left with a painful wound on her leg.

The traffic ahead was loud as she desperately limped closer, wanting to be closer to people. It was around 9pm so only some were walking that night, and Dick Grayson was one of them. As he passed an alley he heard a whimpering sound, instantly whipping his head around. "Hey is anybody down there?" he called out, hearing sobbing a second later.

"Fuck please." Naomi cried, biting her knife as she tried to wrap her wound with a belt. She looked up and saw a tall man, looking down at her in confusion.

He looked at what the problem was, seeing the wound through her cut pants. "Shit!" Grayson cursed, getting down to help her off the floor.

"No I'm alright!" Naomi told him, pushing him off as she tried to hide her pain. Obviously she wasn't, so Dick put his arm around her and carried her out of the alley.

"What the hell happened?" Dick questioned as he sped off to the closest hospital, looking over at her every few seconds.

Naomi was so disoriented she didn't know what she was doing. "Just drop me off at a bus station and I can get a ticket!" she was gasping for air, he shook his head violently.

"You're aware that your leg is bleeding right? Did you do that or somebody else?" Dick questioned, clearly very stressed as he increased speed. Naomi didn't answer, she couldn't get the words out. "I'm a cop, you can trust me!"

"I'm not trusting a fucking cop." Naomi spat out, breathing heavily as they stopped outside a hospital. Dick jumped from the car, picking her up and rushing Naomi inside.

He ran to the front desk as Naomi was almost completely gone, she couldn't even focus on who was around her anymore. "What's your name?" she heard Dick ask, a gentle hand on her face.

A few hours later Naomi felt her eyes flutter open, seeing a hospital room around her. "No no no, get me the fuck out-" she snapped to attention and tried to leave the bed. Dick sat up from his chair and got her back down, pushing down on her shoulders.

"Don't worry, you're safe." Dick promised her, which she immediately denied. "My name is Dick Grayson, I'm a detective here in Gotham."

"Gotham?" Naomi would never admit defeat, but this was never a place she'd heard off before.

Dick didn't know what to answer, pausing to rub his nose. "What's your name? How old are you?" She paused for a long second, looking at Dick trying to decide if she should trust him.

"I want to leave." Naomi stated clearly, her hands were shaking now but she hid it.

"Not until you answer my questions." Dick stated with the same tone, leaning forward in the chair.

Naomi sighed, shutting her eyes for a second. "My name is Naomi, I'm 15." she told him, exhaling. It was no use lying to cop about something as useless as your name.

"15?" Dick replied, realizing he might've sounded too surprised. "So who did that to your leg?" he cleared his throat and asked.

"Nobody." Naomi replied, god was that a stupid answer, she regretted it a moment later.

Dick sighed again, coffee next to him on the table connecting to the bed. "Boyfriend do that to you? He's a piece of shit if he did."

"No, I wouldn't let somebody hurt me." Naomi answered him, annoyed at how protective his sentence sounded. "I did it to myself."