𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

On my end, working with the Cullens to watch over Bella and her father wasn't difficult at all, but for the rest of the pack, I knew it was a challenge

Every night I returned to the bunker, and had to listen to their constant whines and complaints about the Cullens, and I often ditched them and hung out with Seth; I helped him with his homework, took walks with him, took him out to eat, I even trained him a little – I did whatever I could to escape those whiney ass dogs that I called family.

One night, I was patrolling with Jake, and we approached behind Jasper, Carlisle and Esme. Hearing us, they turned around, and I just nod my head while Jake growls lowly; I wanted to just wack him with my paw.

We silently greeted each other, and I gestured for them to leave so they could go off to hunt – but it was only Jasper and Esme that left, Carlisle saying he could stay a little longer.

Before Jasper left, he stood beside me, and I could feel Jake staring intensly, probably thinking her might do something bad or something – but Jasper just brought up a hand to scratch under my chin, shaking it lightly before smirking at me, and running off, the wind he left behind ruffling my coffee brown fur.

I avoided Jake's gaze, but I know he'll start asking questions eventually.

"You two seem to be getting along well," Carlisle said as I walked to stand beside him, Jake on my other side. I let out short sound as an answer.

"I'm glad." I looked at Carlise, but I was unable to figure out what that smile on his pale face meant.

I looked up again, seeing Bella at the window, and she smiles and waves down at us; I could hear Jake's heart race in his chest.

"Why'd it have to be the one you can't have Jake ?"

He turned his head to look at me.

"I can have her. Just watch, she'll be mine."

He looked back up at her, and I sighed internally.

"So, what did you find on the intruder ?"

I'm sitting at a small wooden table and having a cup of coffee with Carlise on the back balcony of his house, the air it's usual chilly temperature. The house is empty, Carlisle saying the others were out somewhere.

"It's a male, possibly a newborn." I bring my cup up, finishing the last of my coffee; I'm a coffee lover, and this is some damn good coffee.

"A newborn ? Who could be creating newborns ?" he furrows his blonde brows, running his thumb along the body of his black mug.

I shrug. "No clue. Jasper and I weren't able to track where he comes from either. Whenever we stray far away from Forks, which is where his scent leads us, it just disappears." it annoyed me that this guy was being a pain to locate, and I hate being outsmarted.

"He's clearly a clever one."

I shake my head slowly, a glint of a black car pulling up catching my gaze. "I'd say more meticulous than clever."

The car stops, and even from here, I could see that wavy, light brown hair of his through the windshield.

"Why do you say that ?"

My gaze remains on him, watching him typing on his phone.

"I think he knows I'm helping you."

In the corner of my eyes I see Carlise nod slowly; Jasper emerges from the car, a semi-filled plastic bag in his hand. He must've gone to a store or something. My senses catch a wiff of something forest scented, some old spice, and something woody; that bag contains a whole mixture of scents that appealed to my nose.

"I hate to say it Carlisle, but somethings telling me Victoria is behind this,"

Carlisle visibly stiffens in front of me, but I continue to watch Jasper; finally, his head lifts, and his eyes meet mine.

"But don't take my word for it, and let's not stress about it before we have hard evidence." I add, not wanting to potentially be wrong and unnecessarily add on to the stress that sat on Carlisle's broad shoulders.

Jasper shoots me a smile, and my stomach tingles with butterflies.

"You're rarely wrong Harley."

I nod slowly. "I know. But for the sake of Bella's anxiety, let's keep that between you and me until we find something more on it okay ?" I look back at Carlise now, a little smile playing on his lips.

He nods.

"Now I'm sure you have better things to do Harley, but I couldn't help but notice how much you were enjoying that coffee," Carlisle chuckles, but doesn't finish his sentence as I already know what he's implying.

I push my empty cup towards him, smiling broadly. "Yes please !"

Carlise smiles with a nod, and rises to retrieve our cups and head back inside.

Once he's gone, I look back down from the balcony, and Jasper's leaning back against the hood of the car, that smirk on his lips again.

"What you got there ?

He looks down at the bag, twisting it a little as he holds it up; he looks back up at me, a playful glint in his hazel eyes now. "Guess ?"

I raise a brow, sitting back in the chair and cross my arms over my chest. I already know what it is; and the thought of him buying it just to appeal to me, made a spark of something fluffy spread in my chest.

"Just for me ? That's a little forward Jasper Hale." I smirk, earning a laugh, before he's suddenly gone.

In the blink of an eye, he's sitting right across from me.

Jasper shrugs, crossing one leg over the other. "I'm quite the straight forward kind of guy."

Nodding slowly, I laugh lightly – I'm not quite sure why, but this is the second time I've had a sudden burst of confidence around Jasper; so, I make use of it.

"Do you wanna do something tonight, Jasper ?"