06

INT. QUINJET ­- NIGHT

Natasha and Elsie watched the skies. Thunder sounded out of nowhere. Fury spoke over her headset.

"Said anything?" Fury asked.

"Not a word," Natasha and Elsie replied.

"Just get him here. We're low on time."

With Loki tied up and cuffed to his seat, Tony and Steve watched from a distance, whispering.

"I don't like it," Steve said.

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony asked.

"I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

"Still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?"

"What?"

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, you know, during your time as a Capsicle."

Steve looked at Tony, finally meeting his ego match. "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you. Who's the brunette?"

Elsie turned, and thinking of her favorite number, said, "Agent 7." HYDRA had possibly wiped her files, so she was thankful she wasn't recognized.

Thunder and lightning nearly hit the jet, making it shake violently.

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha wondered.

Thunder rumbled overhead. Loki stared out the window intently.

"What's the matter?" Steve asked. "Scared of a little lightning?"

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," Loki replied.

Outside the Quinjet, a blinding light hit it. Thor opened the ramp and grabbed Loki by the throat and flew out. Steve and Tony were left dumbstruck. Tony put the Iron Man helmet on.

"Now there's that guy," Iron Man commented.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha and Elsie questioned.

"Think the guy's a friendly?" Captain America inquired.

"Doesn't matter," Iron Man replied. "If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost." Tony and Ben turned and got ready to jump off the jet to chase after Thor.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack!" Steve said.

"I have a plan. Attack."

Iron Man jumped out of the jet and chased after Thor. Captain America grabbed a parachute to follow.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap," Natasha suggested.

"I don't see how I can," Captain America replied.

"These guys come from legends, they're basically gods."

"There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." Captain America jumped out of the Quinjet.

Elsie sighed and shook her head. "His recklessness makes me love him more, if that makes any sense."

EXT. MOUNTAIN LEDGE ­- NIGHT

Somewhere out in the European mountains, Thor threw Loki into the side of the mountain. He raised his mighty hammer, Mjölnir. He looked down at his brother, who he thought to be dead and was angry to see him alive in this fashion.

"Where is the Tesseract?" Thor demanded.

Loki laughed and replied, "I missed you too."

"Do I look to be in a gaming mood?!"

"Oh, you should thank me. With the Bifrost gone how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here? Your precious Earth."

Thor dropped Mjölnir, causing the mountain to quake. He picked up Loki. "I thought you died."

"Did you mourn?"

"We all did. Our father..."

"Your father. He did tell you my true parentage, did he not?" Thor let go of Loki, who walked away from Thor, causing an even bigger wedge between them."

"We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?"

Loki turned around. "I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I was and should be king!"

"So you take the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights. No, the Earth is under my protection, Loki."

Loki laughed. "And you're doing a marvelous job with that. The humans slaughter each other in droves, while you idly threat. I mean to rule them. And why should I not?"

"You think yourself above them."

"Well, yes."

"Then you miss the truth of ruling, brother. Throne would suit you ill."

Angrily, Loki shoved his brother to the side. He walked back up to the ledge and turned around. "I've seen worlds you've never known about! I have grown, Odinson, in my exile! I have seen the true power of the Tesseract, and when I wield it..."

"Who showed you this power? Who controls the would-be-king?"

"I am a king!"

"Not here! You give up the Tesseract! You give up this poisonous dream! You come home."

"I don't have it. You need the cube to bring me home, but I've sent it off. I know not where."

Mjölnir flew back to his grasp. "You listen well, brother. I..." Thor was knocked off the mountain by Iron Man and Steel Iron who tackled him mid-flight.

"I'm listening."

EXT. FOREST ­

Thor and Iron Man crashed into the forest. Thor rolled himself up. Iron Man was still standing, but kept his distance. The helmet opened up.

"Do not touch me again!" Thor yelled.

"Then don't take my stuff," Tony retorted.

"You have no idea what you're dealing with."

"Shakespeare in the park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

"This is beyond you, metal man. Loki will face Asgardian justice!"

"He gives up the Cube, he's all yours. Until then, stay out of my way... tourist."

The Iron Man helmet clamped up and he walked away. In one quick move, Thor pulled Mjölnir, threw it, and knocked Iron Man clear across into a tree.

Inside the suit, Tony said, "Okay."

From the mountain side, Loki watched in amusement. Thor raised his hand. Mjölnir flew back to his hand. Thor swung the hammer, summoning a ray of energy. Iron Man stood and from his hand boosters, a blast of energy knocked him on his butt. Iron Man flew back up and knocked Thor into a tree. "Right back at you, bitch!" Thor, kneeling on the ground, pulled Mjölnir to his hand, raised it to the skies and pulled in lightning and thunder. Thor pointed the hammer at Iron Man and the outpouring of bolts lighting increased in intensity. Iron Man Iron fell back.

"Power at 400% capacity," JARVIS said.

"How about that?" Tony stated.

Iron Man fired away from his hand boosters, pushing Thor to his knees. Like two gunslingers ready to draw, Thor and Iron Man flew towards each other and met in the middle and ascended up.