𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

Greyson

December 3rd, 1998

Tonight is my second concert in Boston. In twenty minutes, I'll be on a stage in front of five hundred people here to hear me sing. I could feel the adrenaline flow violently through my veins. Astraea won't be in the audience tonight. I won't see her brown hazel eyes light up in the crowd. During my first concert, I was nervous, but she gave me the reassurance I needed to get on that stage and perform. She even joined me on stage that night with the closing song we wrote together. Her presence gives me a sense of comfort.

Astraea Alessiah Russo.

Before I left our apartment tonight, she wrapped her arms around me. She wiped the tears forming under my eyes. Astraea reassured me, "You'll be alright, my love. I'll try to be there. I promise." I leaned my head on her shoulder and whispered, "It's okay, Rea. I love you."

"I love you too."

Whenever fear consumes me, I take a deep breath and listen to Astraea's soft voice echo.

You'll be alright, my love. I'll try to be there. I promise.

I shook off my nerves and reached for my guitar. In five minutes, I'll be on the stage in front of people who enjoy the music I write. During my first concert, there were two hundred people. I spent three hours giving away CDs with my signature and seeing the smiles and tears on people's faces warmed my heart. My music touched people's hearts. I felt accomplished. Tonight I have three hundred more people here. I was able to give away CDs to people who arrived early. It's the least I could do for the people standing outside in the cold. I even sat outside with them for an hour, giving them a small performance. The smiles on their faces filled my heart with pure joy.

While I was outside, a girl a couple of years younger than me called out, "Greyson." I turned towards her. She had dried-up tears stained on her cheek. I stood up from the chair I sat on. I approached her. She gently wiped the tears forming under her eyes. The girl took a deep breath and confessed, "I want you to know that I love your songs. I feel at home when I listen to your music. When you released your first song earlier this year, it made me believe in love. It was beautiful how you sang about your girlfriend, and she's lucky to have you." I felt tears form under my eyes. I wiped my eyes and placed my hand on hers.

I told her, "You're going to make me cry. I'm so glad my music speaks to you." I paused for a breath and continued, "That song I wrote with my girlfriend is one of my favorites. I still cry listening to it. I can firmly say that it's quite the opposite. I'm lucky to have my girlfriend. Without her, I wouldn't be able to share my music with the world." I saw the smile glistening on this young girl's face. I turned around and reached into my small bag. I pulled out a cd. I signed my name on it and left a message for her. When I handed her the cd, tears began to fall from her eyes. She blurted out, "Thank you so much. Can I hug you?" I nodded my head.

She wrapped her arms around me tightly. She muttered, "Thank you so much, Greyson." I nodded my head. She released her arms around me and wiped the tears from her eyes. As I entered the building, I felt my heart fill with happiness. I hoped my music touched people, but this was the first person who told me the songs I create helped them.

Before I went on stage, I heard a familiar voice call out, "Greyson Allori." I turned around and saw Riz Ali. I've rarely seen Riz. When Astraea and I moved to Boston, our lives became busy. Azrealea has focused on her music producing and writing career. Astraea has been working on her upcoming book and writing music with me. We had hoped to visit Riz more since we lived closer, but our lives changed. It's incredible to see Azrealea. It's like time has rarely passed. She stayed in contact with us though. She approached me and wrapped her arms around me. Riz exclaimed, "Holy shit. Rea was right. You became a singer. Your songs have over five million plays. I'm proud of you." I leaned my head on her shoulder.