Rain. (Lefty and Molten)

art above is by freshyoreowo !!

note : lefty goes by she/her because i don't see lefty and the puppet as separate; this means that lefty is charlotte emily.

LEFTY POV

Lefty sat with her back pressed against concrete, head ducked and knees pulled to her chest. The rain pattered down harshly, which only worsened her already dreary mood.

Afton had gone inside, and she hadn't wanted to follow; he was dreadfully annoying. This had sparked an argument between her and Scrap Baby. She'd told her he wasn't "that bad", and had grown increasingly upset with her when she held firm on her opinions. Baby had stormed off, and Molten, who had been an awkward bystander, scrambled to follow her.
Even when it'd begun to rain, Lefty stayed outside. She'd figured no one would have wanted to see her, especially considering the facade of innocence Afton put on around the Rockstars that ended up getting them on his side. He didn't really have to try with Baby and Molten.

Lefty dropped her arms to her side and slumped against the wall. The rain was probably seeping into her circuits at this point (both the suit and the Marionette's). She assumed she'd be found in the morning and repaired. Until then, though, she'd just remain here. She'd been through worse.

The door to the alley creaked open.

She didn't turn her head. It was probably one of the other animatronics tossing out some trash or something similar.

Lefty heard a snap, then something slithering and scratching against the ground. The rain stopped; either it'd seeped so far into her systems that she could no longer feel, or she was being shielded by something. Given the fact it sounded muffled, it was most likely the latter of the two.

She finally turned her head to glance up, eyes trailing over tangled wires and eyes before reaching a rusted mask. It was Molten, holding... an umbrella.

"HI," Molten said, wires squirming together.

"Hi," Lefty parroted.

Molten's face plates shifted. "HAVE Y- YOU BEEN OUT HE-EEERE-E THIS-S WHOLE TIME?" they asked. Lefty shrugged and hummed an affirmation. They looked concerned at that.

"What are you doing out here?" Lefty said. "Shouldn't you be worse off than me, given..." She gestured at their torso.

Molten's many eyes followed where her hands were. "N- NAH," they said. "I'M-" They jolted, face plates rattling and sparks flying. "DOESN'T GET M- MU- MUCH WORSE THAN THIS, HEHE."

Molten tapped their fingers against the umbrella. The sound made Lefty shift her gaze to it. "Well," she began. "Do you want to sit?"

Molten hummed, scratchy and loud like everything else about them was. "YEAH." Some stray wires twisted from their form like tentacles and grasped the umbrella in place of their hand, allowing them to hold it above the both of them once they'd slid down to join her.

Lefty turned her head forwards again, staring at the other wall. Some of Molten's wires coiled around her absentmindedly (this wasn't something unique to Lefty, as they did it to everyone... they liked touch.)

"Why did you come out here?" Might as well cut right to the chase. "No one here likes me, so I know no one sent you."

Molten turned to her. "I LIKE YOU, THOUGH?" They tilted their head like an overgrown dog. "ANY- ANYWAYS, FELT BAD. I GU- GUES-SS."

Lefty hummed. "Why? It's not like you blew up at me and stormed off like a child." (Baby is a child, a voice in the back of her head said. She shoved it away.)

Molten made a garbled, frustrated sound. "I- I DON'T KN- KNNNOW!" They threw their hands up. "I JUST- I M- MEAA-AN, I LIKE AFTON - HE'S GREAT! B- BU- I DON'T... YELL AT PEO- PEOPLE OVER I- I- IITT." They huffed and let their arms fall to a relaxed position to the wall.

"Yeah," Lefty said. Speaking of Afton- "Didn't he hit you once?"

Molten fell silent. "UH- YEE-AH." Their ears swiveled nervously on their head. "I- I MADE HI- IM ANGRY. IT WA- WAS MY FAU- LLLLT."

Lefty could tell she wouldn't be getting through to them, not now at least. "Right." She didn't want to endorse those sorts of thoughts, but it's not like she had enough energy to convince Molten otherwise.

"WANT ME TO STAY?"

Lefty jolted, surprised. "Uh." She stared at them in the corner of their eye, staring at her expectantly. "Sure. Knock yourself out."

And stay they did.