Flowers. (Scrap Baby)

sorry for being gone for so long, meant to update this regularly but,,,, shit happens. anywayss, this is a little something i wrote as a sort of character study for elizabeth and how i view her. my friend really liked it so i figured i'd post it after doing some editing :)

art credViceraVermilli1 on twitter

As a child, Elizabeth had always loved flowers. Despite her infatuation with them, she always loved the snow much more dearly – mostly for the lightheartedness it would bring to Hurricane each year – but also for its beauty. She'd always loved pretty things. It was no wonder she'd instantly loved that clown her father had made; and the day that he'd told her she was just for her, well. That had set her fate into stone, really.

Now, once she'd finally gotten her wish, she thought quite often. She frequently pondered the existence of other people, of other life as a whole. It's funny, honestly, how fragile and helpless things like that are.

Flowers are delicate, and their beauty only lasts so long before they wilt and all of their potential shrivels up with their appearance. And, in comes the snow. The snow, which she'd once loved so dearly, that kills such harmless things without a hint of remorse. Somehow, despite that, the snow is just as weak. It melts at the first signs of spring – and in come the flowers yet again. It's a never-ending cycle. No one wins. They're all destined to fail, be wiped from this existence like the lowly creatures they are, in order to make way for new, better life.

Maybe that's why she'd fought so hard. Maybe she didn't want to be replaced. Maybe she didn't want to be someone else's flower to ruin.

It's not like that had mattered. The fire still licked up the walls, across the floor, towards her where she stood entirely at its mercy.

Some part of her hoped, desperately, that because she'd been ruined already – because her body was so damaged – that she would somehow come out unscathed. She wasn't pretty enough to ruin, no, not anymore. It still consumed her, ate at her until there was nothing left. She couldn't feel it. Flowers can't feel, but in those moments, when she took her final look at her surroundings, she almost could.