Yes To Heaven ||Christi Buckley||

NOTICE!!
This is like the TikTok trend where it's like "when they wear a sweater when it's hot out" with this audio so tw:
Mentions of
-eating disorders
-self harm
————————————-

• m i k e •

I looked over to the seat next to me. Wills hair was slightly messy, his sweaters sleeves pulled down across his desk, and a piece of watermelon gum in his mouth. Why the fuck is he wearing a sweater when it's, like, 70 degrees outside? I brush it off and continue admiring him. God, I'd do anything for him. His shimmering tan skin reflected into the big blue skies, his chestnut colored hair sparkling like topaz. The bell rings and we leave the classroom, heading to our lockers. Luckily, mines right next to wills so we always talk and walk to the bike rack with each other. I wait for him to start a conversation, but he just picks some books from his locker, and throws his bag over his shoulder. "Uh will?" I glance over at him. "Hm?" He hums a response. "Are you ok? You seem off.." "off?" He rushes his words which makes me increasingly worried. "Yeah.. like, you didn't eat any lunch, you just had gum.. and you're wearing a sweater when it's 70 degrees outside" I pinch my eyebrows closely. "I-" he looks at me, and his eyes swell up as tears glisten in his eyes. He runs out before I can say anything, and I run after him. I notice peoples looks, but I don't care. I couldn't give a singular fuck.

"Will!" I call out, but he's already crawling onto his bike. He peddles away and I closely follow him, watching his every move on my own bike.

He isn't going to Mirkwood..

I think. He takes a sharp turn, and I realize we're going toward the quarry. I speed up on my bike, and then will stops and gets off. I follow closely behind and by this point I realize he's been crying. I decide to keep quiet so he didn't notice me and I spied on him. He steps closer to the edge of the cliff, his eyes weary and cheeks red and puffy. I collapse into his arms and he stands there, motionless. "What's going on..? Were.. were you about to—" I look at him, forcing myself not to cry.

Because boys don't cry.

He sighs and silently shakes his head back and forth. I pull away from the hug and take his hands. I watch as a warm glow spreads across his cheeks. "can I see your arms?" Will looks at me, and his shallow soft voice sounds and rings in my ears. "No." He says, pulling his arms out of my grasp. I grab his wrists again, and he flinched. I knew it. I roll up his sleeves and see open wounds, but not ones that come from and accident.. no, this was on purpose. "Will," he began to cry. I bring a hand to his cheek.

I've got my eye on you.

I look at him and our eyes meet, his whole face red and, I'm assuming, mine is too. I lean forward a bit and say words I've never knew I was capable of saying.

"I love you."

His eyes widen and I connect our lips, not thinking twice about it.

I've got my mind on you.