Chapter 1: Wise Emperor?

Inside the spacious hall, nobles and ministers of the empire gathered to discuss the upcoming war against the Athos empire. The emperor was seated at the golden throne high up the elevated platform. The ministers and nobles were standing while arguing. Signs of anxiety and humiliation can be clearly seen from the faces of the people inside the majestic hall.

They are all people who holds high position inside the empire. In normal days, they enjoy the power and wealth that many people craved for. They are all entitled to be the best in their own fields. Nimble, crafty and intelligent minds are gathered inside to discuss and find an appropriate solution and prevent this bloody war to wreck the whole empire.

Signs of fatigue can be seen on the face of the emperor. The emperor keeps on massaging his head when the door suddenly got pushed and a person can be seen running panicky

"Impudent we are having an important discussion here!" One of the ministers scold the person who just arrived. "Who are you? Who gave you the guts to barge in here like that!"

"The enemy troops are already camping outside the walls of the capital!!" one of the nobles said while panicking after an eunuch reported the current situation outside.

Multiple eunuchs are rushing from outside and inside. They were in a dire situation because of the sudden ruckus inside the capital and pressured because of the batallions of troops eyeing them covetously beyond that walls.

"Those foolish traitors who put their gains before the empire's safety!" The emperor threw the memorandum in front of the ministers.

One of the ministers sneered secretly and put on a fake facade while he steps forward and bowed his head. "Your Majesty, you must calm yourself down and not be agitated. Your health and body are most important right now."

"Your Majesty is the pillar of the empire that the commoners and empire's people need." one of the nobles said while prostrating in the ground.

"Calm your anger Your Majesty!" nobles and ministers said while bowing their heads.

A sudden clattering can be heard outside the hall. A man who was wearing armor walk briskly inside the hall. "Your Majesty, this son seeks your permission to leave the city gates and lead an army to destroy those damnable traitors!" The man said while bowing with one knee and staring at the eyes of the emperor.

The emperor got startled and suddenly shouted. "You are the crown prince of the empire! You must take your life seriously not wantonly because your body doesn't belong to you, it belongs to this empire!"

The emperor's voice hollered inside the majestic hall. "But, Your Highness the empire needs a general to lead the soldiers and fend off the enemies before they thoroughly take over the capital." The crown prince said as he continue to prop down on the floor trying to knock some sense and convince the emperor.

The emperor slump down his seat and a tired sigh escape from his mouth. The emperor looks like he has for more than ten years. The rebellion started a week ago when General Carley's son got punished and sentenced to death because of an abominable act of treason.

As a hot-blooded general, General Carley can't accept the fact that the empire he serves and swore his loyalty to. The empire where he fought to have a peaceful and prosperous life will be the one that cut his bloodline.

The court was in chaos for a moment but because of the emperor's swift action, he appease the entire court. The emperor demoted General Carley's rank from the Great General title to Rank 3 General.

Unwillingness and hatred started to creep inside the heart of General Carley. That's when General Carley started having betrayal thoughts. He contacted the sworn enemy of the empire, the Athos Empire.

Dartanian Empire and Athos Empire contradiction can be simply explained as a deep-rooted hatred that can't be solved for a thousand years. The contradiction of both empires stems hundred years ago when the Athos Empire's ambassador who was supposed to talk about the ongoing peace talk of both empires in the capital of Dartanian Empire got assassinated

The feet of the emperor where his power was concentrated, someon got assisinated and to make the matter worse, the person who got assisinated came from the neighboring empire.  Dartanian Empire tried to solve the situation by compensating a huge amount of wealth and a sizeable amount of land but the situation can't be solved easily.

Because the ambassador represent the empire's interest and emperor's word. The ambassador were supposed to be allocated with proper treatment and respect but he got killed in the sight of the emperor.

But if it's just a normal official the Athos Emperor can swallow this humiliation in exchange of the empires prosperity and peace. But the task of being an ambassador falls on the shoulder of the favorite princess of the emperor, Princess Marilyn. To add to the rage of the Athos emperor, he heard the news that his favorite Princess also got humiliated.

As a Princess the blood that runs through her veins was the dragon's blood, the blood of royal family of the Atho Empire.

In a fit of rage, the Athos emperor sends his mightiest troops to the border of both empire to wage a war. Until then the conflicts from both empire never stop. General Carley started to contact the Athos Empire to attack and conquer the Dartanian Empire.

Athos Empire troops march month ago to the borders of the Dartanian Empire. The Dartanian were completely taken aback by this surprised and unexpected attack. The Dartanian Emperor tried to send more troops to the frontline but through the crazy momentum of the Athos Empire's troops. The Dartanian Empire's troops got overwhelmed and can't recover for a moment.

Athos Empire completely occupies the borders of Datanian Empire after three day's of bloody fight. After adjusting their troops they continue to march in the direction of the Dartanian Empire's Capital.

The common people of Dartanian Empire that Athos Empire's troops passed by were captured and converted to become a slave or war captures.

The morale of the Dartanian Empire's troops hit the rock bottom and after a month of intercepting. The Athos Empire's troops arrived at the gates of the Capital of the Daratanian Empire.

The Dartanian Emperor gives up the outer cities near the border and capital when he hears that the border already collapsed and occupied by the enemy troops already. He gathers the remaining Dartanian troops. Which can also be classified as the elite troops of the Empire.

They are stalling time until now waiting till the multiple machinery are completed. Dartanian Empire were completely overwhelmed by the number of troops of the Athos Empire but an undeniable fact is that the Dartanian Empire's machinery and technology are whole notch higher than other Empire's.

The master behind the scene, Princess Dericka Sophrona Carney Elsher. The crown princess, the imperial consort of the crown prince and the rightful Empress. Thanks to the genius inventions and manipulations of Princess Dericka, the Dartanian Empire can still hold on.