Pocky Day

Len was standing in front of the snack area in a convenient store for a very long time. Finally, he took a box of strawberry flavor pocky and put it in his backpack after paying.

He wanted to buy the orange flavor ones, but he could not find them in stores.

It's November eleventh today, the legendary pocky day.

Pocky Day is a day to celebrate pocky, and there is even a game called pocky game designed specifically for this snack, and it's popular especially among lovers as a game to flirt with each other. From a business standpoint, choosing a day to play a game based on their product is nothing but a trick played by the big companies, and it seems kind of stupid to get on the hype with people.

However, he still bought pocky today and even took time to choose the flavor.

The intention was completely exposed.

Then he still came back home and opened the door with uneasiness.

"I'm home,"

"Welcome back,"

Rin was sitting on the sofa with her phone, both legs on the soft with knees together. Even her sitting there made Len a bit nervous.

"Were you at the convenient store earlier? What did you get?" Rin was still staring at her screen while asking.

"Just some snacks..." Len answered as if he was afraid of something, even sitting himself down beside her in a careful manner.

"What kind of snack? I thought we still got some in the pantry,"

"Um...I have specific things I want to have, and that's why I went to the convenient store,"

Len opened his backpack slowly and took out a bottle of green tea that was serving as his camouflage at the store. When he got the pocky inside the bag, he quickly glanced at Rin before he take it out.

"I thought you want some snack too, so I got strawberry flavor pocky for you," He tried to say in a normal manner.

It was at this moment, he saw Rin stop swiping her phone and turned towards him slowly.

"Did you know what day is today, Len?"

Now the two are just staring at each other, Len thought about pretending he didn't know for a second, but since he didn't respond immediately, he probably could not fool Rin. But now think of it, if he doesn't come to state his true intention at this moment, when are they going to play the pocky game then?

"It's pocky day," He could feel his face boiling.

"Then I guessed our thoughts have synced,"

Rin smiled, and took out a box of banana chocolate flavor pocky, it was by her thigh when Len came home, but he could not see it from where he was sitting.

"It was so hard to find this flavor. I had to go online to get it, I'm glad it arrived before pocky day,"

"You bought this just for the day...?" Len asked with a surprised voice.

"Because I want to try it out with you," Rin opened the box with excitement.

"How do you want to eat this then?"

Rin stopped upon hearing the question that was a bit nasty of him, but seeing Len trying to act natural with the pink cheeks, Rin just pulled out a stick of yellow pocky.

"Up to you, I guess," She bit on one side of the pocky lightly, and pointed another side of pocky towards him.

Len answered by biting on the other side rather than words. The two looked at each other for a bit, then began eating the pocky stick slowly. Bite after bite, they are getting closer and closer to each other. When they reached a distance where they could feel the other person's breath, Rin closed her eyes and then took another tiny bite.

Before the lips touched, Len's side of pocky suddenly snapped. Rin unbelievably opened her eyes, only to see a boy with his face burning up like a red apple.

"I should've closed my eyes..." He said it in a tiny voice as if he was talking to himself.

Which made Rin laugh, she did not expect him to get so shy for a game.

"I felt the loser should receive a punishment," Rin suddenly brought out a new rule.

"Huh? What punishment..."

Before he could finish his words, Rin had already reached out and hold both of his cheeks, putting her lips on his lips.

Now the girl's face has been dyed the same color as his face.

The whole living room was filled with the flirty fog, Len then grabbed the opened pocky from the table.

"Let's play again, and this time I'll try not to lose,"

He said it with a playful smirk, opposite the words that came out of him.

After half an hour, the pocky box was empty, but the two of them were not yet separated from each other.