No Boys Allowed

Your parents had a strict no-boys-in-the-room rule that you had to follow. You thought it was stupid, because most of your friends were the guys on your hockey team, the Mighty Ducks. You could still invite them over, but most of the time you would invite the entire team and they would just hang out in your basement. You could still invite Julie and Connie to your room, so it wasn't terrible.

One night, as you were reading a book, you heard a tap on your window. You ignored it, just thinking it was the wind or an animal on your roof. A while later, you heard a knock on your window. You ignored it, once again. It was a windy night after all. Then the knocking kept going, and it started to bother you, so you decided to open the curtains and see what was outside. You screamed as you saw a figure outside your window. Your parents started rushing up the stairs to your room. You then realized the figure at your window was none other than your teammate, Adam Banks. As your parents were reaching your room, you closed the curtain and turned around, trying not to be suspicious.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Your father asks, out of breath. You simply nod, "Mmhm, yeah I think I just saw a mouse." You look to your floor and see a black shirt on the ground. You pick it up. "What?! It was actually my shirt! Everything's fine, I promise." Your mom smiles at you but then looks a bit concerned. "You had us worried sick," she says. "But I'm glad you're doing okay." She looks at the clock on my bed side table. It says 10:00 pm on it. "You should start getting ready for bed, you have practice tomorrow." "Will do!" You say with a big fake smile on your face. Your mom hugs you, then your dad. "goodnight, sweetie" "gooooodnighttttt" you say back as you try getting them out of your room.

Once they leave, you close the door and lock it. "Phew." Then there's a knock on your window again. "Y/n, I'm freezing out here!" You sigh and smile as you go to see Adam again. You open the curtain. "What's the password?" "Password" "You got it." You unlock your window and lift it up. Adam goes through it and into your room. He doesn't see the desk right next to your window, so he falls into your room and it makes a loud PAF.

"Y/n?!" Your parents call from downstairs. "I'm okay!" You yell back. You look at Adam, confused. "What the heck are you doing here?" He ignores your question and looks around your room, amazed. "So this is what it looks like..." You look around your room to see if there's anything weird or embarrassing anywhere. You see a pair of underwear on the floor, hoping that Adam didn't see it, and you put it in your laundry basket in the closet.

Thank goodness, Adam is looking at all your hockey posters. After you see nothing else to hide. You go in front of him so that he can focus on you and not the posters on your wall. "Adam." You snap your fingers in his face to get him back to reality. (A/N I'm actually unable to snap my fingers so idk how I'd do this).

Sure enough, it works. "Huh?" Adam's eyes are on yours. You look at him, annoyed. "You literally climbed on my roof and enter my room, and YOU'RE confused??" "And I threw rocks on your window!" Adam adds smiling. You roll your eyes. "Yeah, okay. What do you want?" "Okay, so-" "wait I need to tell my parents that I'm on the phone with Connie or Julie or whatever cause these walls ain't thin" now it's Adam's turn to roll his eyes. "You ask me to explain myself, and I do. Then, you tell me to stop. Wow, y/n." He says sarcastically. You laugh at this. "Shut up, Adam." You open the door. "Mom, Dad, if you hear talking in my room, I'm on the phone with Connie, okay?" "Okay!"

Adam looks at you, confused. "What, does this mean I need to speak in a girl voice, now?" "No, but you have to be quiet. Do you know how much trouble I can get into if they catch to here?! I'd be dead." You say as you do a hand jesture of your hand across your neck, signaling death. "Okay, then." Adam sits on your bed. He starts mouthing words. You take a pillow and hit him with it. "You're not funny" you say, smiling. "Now tell me why you're really here." Adam shrugs. "I wanted to hang out-" then there's a knock on the door. "Y/n, I need to get the laundry." Your mom says. "What the heck??!" You whisper-yell. "Who needs laundry baskets at 10:00 pm!! I swear they keep coming here. They know something's-" "Y/n-" she tries opening the door but you remember you locked it. "Oh, sorry mom I-" Adam walks towards the closet but you motion towards under the bed. Adam rolls his eyes and goes under it. You open the door. "Hi!" You say innocently. "Hi?" Your mom says confused. As if she's not getting laundry at freaking 10:00 pm!!! You think to yourself. She opens your closet door and then sees all the dirty clothes on the floor. "Aleah, we talked about this. You need to clean up, this is unhealthy. What would happen if, let's say your friends Connie and Julie came through your window unexpectedly to visit you, which should never happen, and see this mess on the floor! I'd be so embarrassed! Speaking of Connie, weren't you on the phone with her? How's she doing?" Since when does mom speak this much?! Can she sense that Adam is in this room or something?! "Uh, I hung up because we got in a fight..." your mom looks sad. "Awww, was it about Adam?" You're startled and confused by this comment. "What?? Mom, Connie likes Guy. And Adam's just my friend. So are all the other Duck boys. Why can't girls and guys just be friends?" Your mom sits down on your bed. You hear a little sound from underneath and you smile a little, knowing it's Adam. "That's true. Honey, I'm sorry if I made it sound that way." She looks back up at you. "You're father and I discussed this just recently, and we decided that you are allowed to have boys in your room." Your mouth drops open. "Really?!?" Adam slides out from under the bed. "Really?!" he say excitedly. Your mom jumps a little but is mostly calm. You're so confused. "I thought you would scream! Even I would scream if I were you! With all due respect, mom, I thought you'd be startled for life! Why didn't you scream?!?" Your mom smiles. "Your father and I saw Adam throwing rocks at your window. "You did?!" You and Adam say in unison. "Yep, we also saw him trip and fall like five times on our front yard. We should probably add some sort of light there for next time."

A/N: I'm going to pretend like I didn't forget to update this in forever... but I really will try my best!! I got some sort of motivation lately, but it might go away soon tbh... but I just wrote this at like 8 am for no reason so I still believe I can maybe keep going 💪💪