tiny pineapples

The image of the Shadow Man is still imprinted in my head. I see him down every corridor and through every doorway. When I walk alone I can feel him following behind me but I can't hear him. I don't hear his footsteps, his cloak dragging on the ground, or his heavy breathing.  But I know he's there right behind me. When I look back he's not there but I know he's looking at me. I can feel his eyes locked onto me like he's staring into my soul trying to figure me out.  I think I'm going mad, or maybe I'm just tired. All I do is study for the OWL exams even though they are months away I can feel them creeping up on me. 

Fred thinks I study too much and that I have nothing to worry about, he thinks I'll do just fine. I know I'll do fine but I don't want to do just fine what I want is to do great. Maybe then Mama Azadeh would tell me she's proud of me. I know she's proud of me and I know she loves me but I would kill for her to say it. I learned the sign for I love you from the television. She says I love you in acts of service like a home-cooked meal that took hours or a small gift she made. Kind of like the twins, they don't tell you they care rather they will do things for you. 

Like Fred and George planned a contest to get me and Apollo to stop drowning in our studies. We all marched down to the great lake in our swimsuits wrapped in blankets. It's getting colder and colder at Hogwarts and within the next month, snow will fall. I held the blanket around my body tightly. Apollo glared at Fred and spoke sharply, "I still don't get why you dragged us away from our studies for this."

"It's depressing to watch you two sit in the library and drown in schoolwork," Fred answered.

I rolled my eyes holding until my blanket was so tight my knuckles were turning white. "Can we hurry this process up please  I'm freezing my arse off?" I asked. George nodded, "On  the count of three, ready..."

"3."

"2."

"1."

We all dropped our blankets at the same time revealing swimsuits underneath. Fred, Apollo, and George wore the matching pink trunks with little pineapples on them that Echo, Apollo's mother, bought them. The only difference was George had on one of my bikini tops. All of us exploded with laughter at the sight of George wearing my smallest black bikini top that had the words Bad bitch written across the front. Alicia bought it for me last year, she has the same one. "What?" George asked. 

"Mate you can't take anything seriously?" Apollo asked through his laughter. George looked at him with a shocked expression. He pointed at himself and then at me, "Just because Us girls look better than you ever could, doesn't mean you have to act out." 

"Mate, you've got the word's Boss bitch on your tits," Apollo said picking up his blanket. "So you're staring at my tits now?!" George yelled at the top of his lungs. I covered my stomach leaning over, tears flowed down my face as I tried to stop laughing.  I had on my bright pink swimsuit with little pineapples on it, Echo bought them for the upcoming beach trip this summer she invited us all on. I don't know if Mama will let me go but hopefully, with a little convincing, I'll be riding home with Ap and his father back from the train station and not taking the bus.  Normally she would let me go but still at times, her permission can be hard to insure.

I fell back onto the grass when Apollo yelped. George had thrown his blanket at Apollo as he screamed at him for being a womanizer. It's moments like these when I can't stop laughing, George and Apollo are arguing, and Fred is trying to break it up before someone gets hurt (although he always ends up a part of the wrestling) that I realize how perfect our friendship is. Ever since our first year, we've been inseparable, over the summers when we're forced to separate it's like we become different people entirely. The first time I met Mrs. Weasley she told me she was glad to finally put a face to the girls that they constantly sent letters to. I first met Mrs. Huxley and she asked me if I was her son's girlfriend when I said no she told me to never become one of the many.