Chapter 7

Did the angels take him away?..

Present (OC's pov.)

I watched as the Ebisu villagers buried Shimotsuki Yasui, with a great honor and respect.
I stood from the distance with Yasui's daughter - Toko. She tightly gripped onto my sleeve, tears kept pouring out of her eyes.
I reached down and picked her up, she immediately wrapped her little arms around me, sobbing quietly.

This child will be traumatized for life...

I unintentionally saw through her memories, which showed the scene of her father being shot countless of time.

"Shh, it's okay."

I patted her back, trying to comfort her in any possible way.

"Everything will be alright."

She lets out a laugh due to her SMILE side effects, but that laughter was full of pain.
I could hear the people's laughter, filled with absolute pain and sorrow. The scene was absolutely heartbreaking.

I can't cry...

I kept gently patting Toko till she calmed down, she even fell asleep in my arm.
Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and see Hiyori, she looks absolutely saddened.

"Your..wounds.."

She whispers, reminding me of my current condition.

"We need to get you a doctor."

I shake my head.

"I don't need one, I'm fine."

"Then..Let's go back to Ringo, ••••.."

She whispered, I ignored the fact that she called me by my real name once again.

"I need to go back to Udon Prison."

Her eyes widen in response.

"Why??'

She whisper screams, not wanting to wake Toko up.

"Kawamatsu is there...and I've also made a friend. I need to help them escape."

I was about to hand Toko over to her when the child tightens her grip around my collar.

"Please...don't leave me..."

Toko said in a weak voice, I felt my heart shatter at that moment.

"The word on the street has it, that the prisoners of Udon have already escaped."

I turn to the green haired man behind me, who seems to be observing my reaction.

"Besides, the path of the prison directly leads to Ringo. We can wait for them there."

Hiyori states and turns to me, waiting for my approval.

"You can't go back there in this state, ••-"

She was about to say your real name but you cut her off.

"Hiyori. Do me a favor and don't reveal my real name to strangers."

She frowns a little.

"He is no stranger!"

I sigh out, taking a quick a glance at the man with an unreadable expression.

"Let's go wait for them in Ringo."

I turn and start walking, while holding onto a child in my arm.

"why are you so stubborn??"

Like always, Hiyori starts nagging me once we've arrived at the old hut.