Untitled Part 1

Luz and Amity were curled up on the couch in the owl house simply enjoying the others' company. Eda had taken King to the playground so it was just the two of them... and Hooty.

"So um, Luz, why did you stay?" the witch asked.

Caught off guard, she looked up at her girlfriend visibly confused.

"Well, when you first got here, why did you stay in the boiling Islas? From what you've told me you have a loving mother and it's a lot safer. Though I think there are things you didn't tell me..." she trailed off.

Luz pulled the drawstring of her hoodie and her head was guided to Amity's lap. "I never really talked a lot about most of my world because I didn't want to think about it" she sighed, lessening her hood to look up at Amity, who started stroking her side, "I'm different, I think differently I act different, I like different things. I'm just weird," she pulled down her hood not wanting to meet her girlfriends gaze, as she fought off the urge to cry and show weakness even if it was just to Amity, who resumed petting Luz. She continued as she started to talk. "But Luz, your weirdness is one of the best parts about you, and, I have heard you call yourself a weirdo plenty of times," The calming petting had worked and Luz's face was visible, though she didn't meet her gaze. she grabbed her hands and gave them a comforting squeeze.

"It's something someone I was friends with when I was little, heh", a small smile crossed her lips as she remembered, "he moved and we just stopped talking, he was also different, he told me that people are going to call us weird we might as well take it as a compliment, I reclaimed the word, but the way they called me that and other things. I didn't belong in the human realm," she was really fighting hard not to let her emotions show. She didn't want anyone to worry. "I managed to escape with anime and fantasy books, wishing that I could visit one and maybe fit in, but now I am in a fantasy world and I do fit in, I have actual friends and an amazing girlfriend and they all like me when I'm just being me. For the first time, I felt at home when I'm around other people... I feel like I belong here."

"I know what you mean," Amity sighed, the human looked at her confused, but sat up to face the witch, "for most of my life I had been forced to do whatever my mom wanted me to. She chose who I could be friends with, what track I should be on. I never had the courage to do what I wanted," she looked into Luz's brown eyes. "Then I met you, and you showed me that I can be who I wanted to be. You set me free Luz." They smiled at each other, looking into each other's eyes, Luz looked so fragile and Amity placed a kiss onto her forehead and pulled her close, and all of Luz's barriers broke and she started crying on Amity. She didn't know what to do but held her tight.

"I'm sorry," Luz sniffled.

"For what?"

"For being weak and crying."

"You can cry and still be strong Luz," Amity used her thumbs to wipe away the tears. "And you, Luz, are very strong."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed!

Please click that like star! This lets other people find this story!(and makes me happy)

Please tell me what you thought of this chapter/story!

Constructive criticism is welcome.

You have no idea how much joy I get from someone liking/commenting on my work. Also the more responses I get from you readers, the more motivation I have to write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~