Chapter 1

Lilian's pov

Sometimes I hate hearing spirts. They think I can't hear them or I don't care. Some don't think I care so they try to fuck with me. It hurts when they try to take over your mind for their own. When some do that I have to tell them that they can't do that and I could hear them. So after a year of it they finally started respecting me. With that new dead spirits usually get scolded if they try to mess with. It is funny hearing John, the first spirt I talked too, scolding the younger ones.

"I told you rose don't try to take over her mind," John scolds starting to get angrier. Rose giggled at the response John stated hearing it multiple times before. Believe me it was probably five hundred times she heard this lecture.

"John leave her alone she is only doing this to get you angry and rose please don't do that I could get more hurt then just a headache," I mumbled softly to them. John huffed at my response and left, I think. Rose, I know for sure, left after my sentence to avoid John. I could talk through my head or talk normally to them. I always could since I turned fourteen but now I'm fifteen, I couldn't believe I spent a year talking to spirits.

I walked to my kitchen trying to find something to eat. I remember my first time hearing spirts, it was at a church. I probably heard hundreds, thousands even but I couldn't tell them to stop. I didn't know how to stop them it was first time. After that I thought I was going to hell since of the sermon on that Sunday. But John swooped in and told me I wasn't going to hell at all.

John always made me feel better about the world and myself. One day I have to thank him about that. I sat down and started eating a cookie. I want to tell Randy, my best friend, about this but I can't. He'll think I'm crazy and start telling others about my ability or curse. But Randy wasn't like that. He is nice, kind, and super caring he couldn't do that over something like my power. Maybe tomorrow I will tell Randy about my ability but I will just keep it easy for right now.