Hide And Seek

1 Month Later

"Alright, where are ya lass?" Metroplex questioned as he put his hands on his hips, smiling, it had been a month since he had found and created a family bond with his daughter and things couldn't be better, while he enjoyed his job, he was enjoying being a Sire as well. Currently he was stood in the living room of his apartment, even though constructing new cities was part of their livelihood, that didn't mean the bots of Gigantian didn't have their downtime, so whenever they were starting a new city build, they would first build an apartment block to house them at the end of a working day. Which worked out well since Metroplex wouldn't have to worry about his daughter doing disappearing acts on him on a construction site, of course he did make sure to lock the door so she wouldn't get out of their apartment, but considering his large size, that didn't mean his daughter couldn't still hide from him on occasion, which was what was happening right now, he already knew the door was locked as was the supply room where he kept his power tools and materials.

A little giggle was heard somewhere in the large apartment.

Metroplex could at least determine that his daughter was not in the living room, but he was still careful where he stepped as he walked out "Oh I heard yer wee giggling! Ya can't hide from yer Sire" he said in a playful tone, technically he could use the family bond to find her, but where was the fun in that?

Another little giggle seemed to give away the little femme's position, her Sire's quarters.

Metroplex gave a huff of amusement as he headed for his quarters, he probably should have closed the door but he didn't really have anything dangerous in his quarters that he could worry about, he peeked his helm in. He didn't have a lot in his quarters, mostly the basics, like a berth, a nightstand, a few shelves where one of them had his axe on it, there were also Sparkling pictures of his daughter on the walls, they pretty much took pride and place on there. He then moved to stand in the doorway "Right! I know you're in 'ere kiddo" he said as he entered the room, again being careful where he stepped.

A little laugh was heard followed by a chirp.

Metroplex looked to his berth, he knew she couldn't get on the berth unless he lifted her onto it, and he couldn't see her next to it, so that left one more place...under it. He smirked and knelt down next to his berth, he looked under "Ah-ha!"

A pair of tiny crystal blue optics looked at him along with the sound of a squeal, it wasn't one of fear, it was a typical squeal a Sparkling made when they were having fun. Ome laughed as she crawled towards the foot of the berth in an attempt to get out.

"Oh no ya don't kiddo" Metroplex said with a smirk as he ducked his helm under the berth and reached out a hand to gently grab her.

Ome squealed again and crawled out from under the berth, giggling all the way.

Metroplex gave a huff, more amused than anything, and moved his helm from under the berth "Come 'ere ya sneaky wee scallywag-agh!" he yelped, he had raised his helm too soon and had bumped it on the underside of the berth "ugh..." he sat up properly as he rubbed his helm.

Ome squealed a little and laughed.

"Oh ya find that funny do ya? Ow..." Metroplex said as he rubbed a sore spot on his helm, he wasn't mad at his daughter however, she was only a month old after all.

Ome giggled and crawled over to her Sire, she chirped in happiness as she pressed her little body against her Sire's thigh in an attempt to hug him.

Metroplex looked to her and smiled "You're too cute for yer own good kiddo" he said as he gently rubbed her helm with a finger.

Ome chirped in content, grabbing onto the finger despite it being bigger than her whole body and hugged it.

Metroplex grinned slightly "But ya sure know how to make yer Sire smile" he said.
----

It's never really established in the series what the Gigantian bots do in their downtime or whether they do live somewhere other than a construction site, so I decided that they would have apartments to live in during their downtime :)