last

▬▬▬ ✧ ▬▬▬

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬

The soft afternoon light was fading now, darkness getting ready to take over the magnificent canvas of the sky— to swallow it up like an enormous dark whale. There were two figures walking side by side, two silhouettes melting into the hazy evening — on a pathway that lead to something both of them were in need of.

"You know you never have to share anything if you don't want to, right?" Finn's voice echoed within the sonorous silence they had been ambling in. "I may be overly curious, but I'm well aware that's not quite polite. I tend to struggle with this 'being polite' part if you haven't yet noticed," he grimaced.

At this, Skye actually chuckled aloud. Mildly, but without restraint. He was taking this very seriously; very dramatically. "Don't overthink it, Finn. You're polite enough to me," she beamed at him. "A bit creepy at first, and dramatic at times. . ." her beam did not shrink, "but polite enough."

Finn's ocean eyes squinted as they scrutinized her. "Did I just make you laugh?"

Her pale lips parted like clouds, letting yet another laugh — another ray of sunshine through them. "Yeah, why not?"

Because you seemed so frozen, I didn't know who could melt you— he thought. "Absolutely no reason," — he said. 

"It's no big deal. I'll tell you my story, poet boy," she feigned nonchalance and lightheartedness with her tone of voice; tried her best to sound believable. But actually, each word was a screeching scrape on her heart.

She wanted to open up, she really wanted to, but it was so hard. 

"Well, in that case, I'd be most thankful and honored. Ah, lawd. Look at this. What a view," Finn suddenly stopped in his track, totally enraptured by the sight. 

A thick blanket of fog enveloped the sylvan forested mountains that stood around them proudly, like giants. A fresh, spicy pine scent embraced them both. Being able to witness this glorious display of nature was a truly enthralling sensation. Their breaths hitched as they both raised their heads and just stood there gawking.

"It's as if the clouds were wrapping around those hills — hugging them," Finn immediately came out with, inspired and all.

"You're deep," Skye's eyes switched their interest from the landscape to Finneas.

"I better be. How can you be a creator with a shallow mind?" His question seemed to have gripped something right inside Skye's mind. "Oh and here we are. Our second location. As promised."

True it was, plenty of people were hanging around this place, although most of them seemed to be leaving now. It was a children's playground — so it seemed — sitting in a kind of meadow. Getting closer to it, you could make out the beginnings of the nearest town. 

"That's where you were taking us? A playground?"

"Wait for it," he smirked, leading the way to the fortunately free swing set.