Chapter 9

I was awoke to John shaking me. My vision was blurry as I woke. I stretched out and yawned before sitting up.

John was only in tee, leaving his bare legs showing. I bit my lip and averted my eyes.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily. John picked up my clock and read out the time.

"It's 6am" he chuckled. I fell back on to the sofa and pulled a cushion over my face.

"We have 3 hours until collage and you wake me up at this time!" My speech was muffled, causing John to laugh. John pulled the cushion off my face and kissed my cheek.

"Well I was thinking that you go shower whilst I stay here and I dunno, make my self at home?" He wiggled his eyebrows causing me to giggle.

"I never even thought of waking up this early to shower"

"Ye see love, This idiot right here maybe isn't an idiot at all" .

I shook my head;standing up and stretching one last time. I headed towards the stairs.

"Don't break anything" I said before walking up the stairs.

I walked into the bathroom;shutting the door and getting undressed. turning on the water, I got in. The quick change from cold to hot made my muscles tense and relax. I washed and got out; wrapping a towel around me. i quickly brushed my teeth before leaving the bathroom.

Walking into my bedroom, I pulled some clothes out of the wardrobe. I got dressed and did my makeup before drying my hair. I walked out of my room and trudged down the stairs.

John was sat in my sofa, all dressed and stuff packed. I blushed as he looked me up and down.

"you look beautiful as always." he said as i sat down. I giggled .

"I'm hungry" I said poking my stomach. John stood up and held his hand out. I took it and stood up.

"I was hoping you'd say that" he said handing my my satchel and grabbing his own. "I'm taking you out for breakfast so come on" he pulled my out of the living room towards the door. I quickly grabbed my house keys and stepped outside. I locked up and linked my arm with johns.

"Where too soldier" I said to John. He chuckled and walked up towards the exit of Menlove avenue.

...

We arrived at a tiny little café that was enclosed by rivers and various trees. I gasped at how beautiful it was. Flowers planted neatly, jasmine twisting and turning along the arch way place. Ivy covering the walls of the small café.

"John this is beautiful, where did you find it?"

"I got in an argument with mimi once and stormed off out. Many fields and alley ways later, I ended up here. I come here almost every day." John took my hand in his and pulled my towards the door. "come ed' "

When we walked in, we were hit with the smell off sweet pasties and coffee, followed by the smell of bacon cooking and sausages sizzling.

"Mornin' John, I see you got a little" an elderly woman said. Her Dorset accent was strong but soft as she greated us. "I'm Mavis"

"Prudence" I shook her hand lightly as I looked around, amazed. "This is a beautiful place". Mavis smiled and showed me and John to a table.

"It's my pride and joy it is" I smiled and sat down.

Apart from an elderly couple in the corner of the room, me and John were the only ones in here. It was dimly lit but not too dark. It was silent apart from the sound of soft blues music. I felt at home.

"What can I get you?" Mavis asked taking out a little notepad.

"I'll have me usual please" I watched Mavis frail hands quicker write down on the note pad before she looked we me.

"Um I'll just have a cuppa tea and...oo French toast please" Mavis smiled and jotted down my order.

" We have the best French toast around we do" I giggled and watched her shuffle off towards the kitchen.

...

Once me and John had finished, we payed and said goodbye to Mavis. We walked out of the little café and down a long and winding road that lead back to the city.

Mine and johns hands were entwined with each other's as we walked and this made me happy.

"Thank you John" I said kissing his cheek. John blushed and looked ahead.

"Anytime love".

Me and John arrived at the college sooner than I expected. As soon as the building came into view, John pulled his hand away. I gave him a funny look but didn't push any further.

We walked into the building and sat down just in time.

Mr Simmonds walked in, and soon we were drawing like there was no tomorrow.