Chapter 1

I rush through the halls of the hospital looking for the room my love, Dulce. Both sweat and tears run down my face as I burst into her room and find her laying on the hospital bed, so peacefully. I ran to her side, "Dulce why" I managed to spit out, my voice quivering as I spoke. She says nothing in response, laying there the rope burns around her neck visible. I reach for hand and squeeze it gently as I try not to sob in a public place but fail as I feel the weak pulse from her wrist.

Next Day
"She's gone," I cry to my mother as she lovingly runs her hands through my hair, "She's gone." I look up to my mother to meet her sympathetic gaze, she wraps her arms around me and allows me to sob on her shoulder, "I know Honey, I know" she whispers softly.

About a Week Later
I tighten my tie and take a deep breath, today is the day of her funeral, it pains me to utter her name now that she's not here. Sitting there, in the church where her funeral is held made it feel so real. Real in a way that I didn't want it to be, real in a way that made me need to accept the fact that she's gone.

But I can't.

After the funeral I have to meet with a lawyer about her will, she apparently left me something. I sit down as the lawyer looks through paperwork, "Theodore Evans?" The lawyer looks at me, I slightly nod. "Ms. Dulce Ortiz left you this," he places a journal, diary looking thing in front of me, "journal" He tells me, I bite my lip holding back tears. "Thank you" I whisper before grabbing it and leaving his room, the longer I stay here the harder it'll be to control my tears.

Hours later
I finally arrive home and run straight to my room, I place the journal she left me on my desk and open the first page hesitantly.

"Dear Whoever is Reading This
If you're reading this that means I'm dead, or you're snooping and if you're snooping I'll hunt you down and you'll wish I were dead. But I'm most likely dead, whoever I left this to I love you.  And if I left this to no one and someone finds this in some history museum in a hundred years then hi I'm Dulce Ortiz and this is my life." The first page said, the page was tear stained from the unstoppable amount of tears falling from my eyes. I decided to close the journal and go to sleep, even just one more page would be too much for me.

I layed my head upon my pillow and as tears fell from my eyes I whispered her name one more time "Dulce" before closing my eyes