Wraith

Wraith – a ghostlike image of someone, especially one seen shortly before or after their death.

It took a long time for the team to take to her. It was a boy's club, always has been, and having a woman join sent a slight rift throughout everyone.

Eleanor didn't expect to be well liked by any of them, but she is known for her specialities, and all that really mattered to her was getting the job done quick and quietly. She had worked with Farah and Captain Price before, and heard about the stories of Task Force 141.

Laswell was the reason Eleanor was recruited, and treated her well. She introduced her to the team when she first showed up, praising her skills and how she was going to be a good asset to the team. A beauty when it came to marksmanship and knife handling. During training she had scored the highest when it came down to handling the snipers given, and always hitting the mark with her knife throwing, and sneak attacks.

Eleanor never missed a shot, and whenever she did it was always for a good reason.

A particular day of training, Eleanor had been snaking herself around the mock buildings, hiding in plain sight and taking out the other soldiers she was training with one by one. Every time someone turned the corner there was a flash of a shadow across their field of vision before being tagged out by Eleanor. Every single soldier left the field until Eleanor finally stood in the middle of it all the last one left.

That day, Eleanor earned her nickname Wraith.

The woman was in high demand too, different squads wanting her to join, but she knew what team she wanted to work for, and having worked with Price before, that if she got the chance she would work with him again.

Eleanor had been a part of Task Force 141 for about a month, having become close friends and basically like family with most of the guys there. She trained on knives with Soap and helped Gaz with his sharp shooting skills when Price didn't have time. The team welcomed her with open arms after getting a taste of her skills in person and after their first mission together. She understood, it never bothered her. If anything, Eleanor knew she would act the exact same way if she had grown a deep bond with a small group of people and someone new is thrown in to disrupt the balance of things.

Even though she had built great friendships and bonds with most of the men there, there of course was one that she found she was having a really hard time cracking.

Ghost.

There was nothing she could do that had this man warm up to her.

Months started going by, more time spent working with everyone, growing that strong bond and trusting someone else with her life. Even though some of their missions had been a bust, neither getting their mark in time before they escaped, or incorrect Intel that led them in the wrong direction.

A lot of the time there wasn't anything in particular that could have changed the outcome. There was one particular day Eleanor could be found perched on a hill a couple miles outside of the village that they had gotten information on one of their marks. The heat beat down on her, making her feel like she was roasting in her ghillies suit, and she would be damned if this was going to make her lose her focus.

"Wraith, how copy?" Ghost's voice rang through her ear piece, and she quickly found the man making his way along an alley through her scope.

"You are clear to approach." She reciprocated.

There was no response from him, but she could see him coming to the door of the building, the rest of the team following. Price pushed through the few, coming to stop on the other side of the door opposite Ghost, and counting down with his fingers.