Book 2 Teaser

Life. Men. Women. Children. A whole village with farms and dwellings. An entire generation had grown up in the safety this small cay.

I walk through the blackened rubble. Slowly, I kneel down and scoop up a pile of ash. The wind carries it away, out of my open palm. I shake my head and look around what once was my home, nothing but ash and destruction. This can't be happening.

Everyone around me is quiet as we pick through the rubble. The only sound that echoes through the wasteland is the sound of our footsteps on the scorched earth. A long shadow stretches over the ground and I look up to see my cousin, Kori, climbing down a small mountain of charred wood. She holds her large shield in one hand and a sword in the other.

"Found this in one of the houses. Whose is it?" Kori asks, handing me the metal weapon. I roll it in my hands.

"My father's," I answer.

I look around us. At least thirty young people comb through the village, looking for any type of clue that might point to survivors. No one here understands what I'm going through. This was my home. I grew up here. My parents built this village and it had only taken a fraction of that time to destroy. There's only one person here who calls this home and he wears the same ashen look I mirror.

"Hey," Kori says, pulling my attention. "We're going to find them."

I spin my father's sword through the air, walking towards the harbor where our ships float. I didn't need to be encouraged that we were going to find them. That wasn't even an option in my mind. Finding out who did this to my home, that's more important.

Hey guys!

So quick update, book 2 is being written I promise! I have the first quarter or so done and am planning on posting the first couple chapters in a few weeks but for now, this is all I can give you. This, and the promise that the next book is going to be even more entertaining than the first.

Can't wait for you all to read it! I'd love to hear any comments from you all or guesses on what adventures our vikings are headed on next.

-Abby