Prologue.

Two children, both eleven, sat beside each other on a swing set, kicking rocks up from the ground as they spoke. Their names? Leilani and Luca, of course.

"So why are you moving again?" Leilani questioned, a slight raise to her eyebrow as she gazed at the black-haired boy. 

Luca sighed, refraining himself from glaring at the girl beside him. "I think it's because my dad found a new job or something." He explained, not daring to look up from the ground.

"Are you sad?" She continued.

"Honestly, I don't know." He answered, finally tearing his eyes off the ground to look back at Leilani. 

"I'm going to miss you." She frowned.

"Well don't miss me too much, Lei, we'll see each other soon enough, probably like every week at least, so maybe I'm not sad." Luca smiled at her, causing Leilani to follow suit, responding with a wide grin.

"You know, since you're not sad I guess I'm excited for when I move away too." She giggled, turning her attention to the sky. "I'm going to go everywhere. I want to see, like, every country." 

Luca nodded in agreement. "Me too, maybe when we're older we can meet back here again after we're done."

"Oh my god! We could do that." Leilani gasped, somewhat over-dramatically.

"Do you think we'll have families, or anything?" Luca asked her, tilting his head like a puppy.

"I don't know... Maybe?" She laughed. 

"If all else fails and we're single when we're like, super old, let's just get together so we can get benefits for being married." Luca jokes, looking to Leilani, who laughs and nods in agreement. "It's a deal then." Luca grins. 

As the sun sets, the two children part ways. 

This would be the last time they'd see each other.

Until chance brought them back together, over ten years later.