flashes that flicker

Only the gods know how much Jongho treasures his camera and the pictures he's taken. From a simple flower that fell off its stem, to the sunsets that were hard to capture perfectly.

But there's one thing that doesn't make sense— the pictures he's taken of a person he treasures more than his cameras, aren't quite as good as his other shots.

Jongho is confident with his skills, and he knows what he can do. He excels in his class, sports, and what more with something he thoroughly enjoys?

Photography has countless secrets. From angles, to the right lighting. Sometimes it depends on the muse of the photo. And Yeosang fits— if not surpasses the standards to be the muse of his photos.

It was a mystery why his photos didn't quite look as good as his eyes sees Yeosang. He's researched again and again as to how he can improve them.

However, whenever the flash flickers and the camera captures Yeosang, it didn't give him the satisfaction he gets with the real Yeosang in front of him.

Unlike the camera, it doesn't capture the actual warmth he gets when he smiles. It doesn't capture the pure glow from Yeosang whenever his eyes wander off to his face. It doesn't capture Yeosang's beauty properly.

The camera simply can't see Yeosang from Jongho's eyes— from his point of view.

"Why'd you stop taking photos?" Yeosang asks once as they strolled through the park, mask covering half of his face and a cap almost covering his eyes.

Whilst Jongho just smiled through the mask he's wearing as he pulled up his hoodie. "You don't look good in the photos I take."

Jongho swore he could see the pout on Yeosang's face regardless of the mask, "Are you saying I'm ugly?"

He chuckled and shook his head— Yeosang looked ethereal. Even with the mask and cap on, he knows himself what beauty they're hiding. "No, I'm saying you look better in person. The camera can't capture how handsome you are."

With that, Yeosang was silenced with furiously blushing cheeks.