The Lone Lioness

In the heartland of the Garden City of India, there is a ruthless woman. Her name is Meenakshi Devi. She got her new workspace set up amidst the most polluted and annoying spaces of the city, her industrial plant itself. This is rather unusual for any other entrepreneurs as they prefer cozy spaces to work in. She has this perfect view of her factory from her office. She has big dreams. More than dreams she has big aspirations guided by lights of philosophy that are most suited for a corporate monster and least for a human.

It is a regular day but there is an unspoken silence on the work floors. The new boss is upstairs working. It is an EV company that was established a few years ago. After its establishment, this is the second time that the company is seeing a change in ownership.

A Ring-Branded car entered the central premises of the administrative unit. Inside the car are the trusted lieutenant of Meenakshi, Mr. Ramakanth, and two others.

"You seem tensed sir," asked a guy in a suit. "Aren't you?" Ramakanth replied. "We did everything we can" he tried to explain. "Yet we couldn't do what we were ordered. So unless you know her, I find no reason for you to stay so calm and keep your cool" Ramakanth clarified wiping the sweat off his head with his kerchief in the Air Conditioned Car. "You should remember one thing Sharath. We are not going to an office. We are going to her den. She is not so tamed like your previous boss. She beat him. Do not forget that". This made Mr. Sharath realize that he should keep quiet. He managed to keep quiet but his thoughts haven't. The car stopped at the main gate. They got out and entered the 'so-called den'.

The three are joined with 3 more suits, a Dhoti, and 2 Khakis. As they got inside the lift, they are warned that the limit got exceeded. So some of them have to exit the lift and rush on the stairs so that they can catch up with the people inside the lift.

The lift clicked 11th floor, and everyone exited and started walking towards the new CEO's room. They look unbothered by the incoming hellos and good mornings. The only thing that they can hear is the sound of their heartbeats. Sharath got intrigued by the changing atmosphere as he approached the door. He is excited, puzzled and as the door started getting closer and closer, he got frightened as well.

Ramakanth paused at the door before entering the room. Sharath is visibly confused as he entered the room. He is expecting a full-on makeup typical corporate-looking woman inside this room but there is this lady, the most infamous Meenakshi Devi, a sick, wretched, yet hot, lighting her cigar as they opened the door. She is working on her desktop unmoved by the noise that these people made as they entered. It seems that she hasn't slept for a few days. Her eyes are so dull and the dark circles are competing with her fiery looks. There is no makeup as expected for sure but there are a couple of finished Vodka bottles on the table.

They just stood in front of her for a while waiting for an acknowledgment of their presence. "What's up Ramu?" she opened the conversation without looking at them. "The transition can be considered smooth mam. No one was laid off. But there are a few red flags on social media about you and this acquisition. I mean there will be some suspicion when you move away from the Automobile segment with many ventures to the EV segment with a single venture" Ramakanth replied hesitantly. "Don't bother" she replied. "We will handle them mam". "Okay". An awkward silence started getting built. Ramakanth interrupted "Mam. Is there any way that I can make you reconsider buying the shares of the K Group? We don't have to let it go just like that". "NO. K Group has to be gone. Do you people have anything important to talk about at all?" she roared.

Ramakanth after taking a gulp responded, "Nothing mam, nothing so far. We will let you know if anything serious turns up. We shall take your leave mam". He tried to close the conversation. She nodded. As they turned back and started walking back to the door she asked "Anything on him?" Everyone turned back except Sharath.

They can see her, pulling all the tears with the fullest of her strength. They felt pity for her but they know their place well. They are in no position to show any sign of sympathy. The Dhoti answered, "Our men saw him in Itanagar. We tried but he thrashed everyone and even killed some. We don't know where he is now". "We will find him mam. Do not worry" Ramakanth tried to reassure. "Leave" is all she responded to that. She knows that they cannot find him. She is the only one in the room who is aware of what he is and what he can do.

Sharath is not mindful of the ongoing conversation in the room. His eyes were stuck on a half-finished portrait in the room. Perhaps it is because he can identify the person in the portrait. Ramakanth dragged him out of the room.

As the door got closed, Meenakshi broke out. She started yelling out as loud as she can to let go of her disappointment and inability. She felt crippled. She got no one to stand by her. She cannot leave work either. She is trapped. She is the poorest billionaire in the country. No amount of riches can console her loss.