the water estate

Hii, again so sorry I'm terrible at updating but it's here now so yay (also I looked up how to make Ohagi for this chapter so if I get anything wrong, it's a recipe sites fault)

🌪️ 🌊

The mission report was the same as always, nothing too special about it.

Sanemi and Giyuu walked back to the Water Estate since it wasn't too far from headquarters.

Sanemi tried his hardest to keep his eyes on the ground but he kept feeling like Giyuu was looking at him, despite that, every time he looked up the man was staring into the clouds like he always does.

So many things about Giyuu Tomioka intrigued Sanemi, he couldn't read him, he was constantly looking into the clouds, he rarely talked to the Hashira unless they dragged him into their conversations, and the worst of all, he was so beautiful while doing all of those things.

They didn't talk much on the way to the Water Estate other than small bits of things they saw.

Sanemi hated the small talk but he knew Giyuu probably didn't know how to talk more than that.

He hated all of this, he hated hanging out with Giyuu, he hated pretending like nothing happened, he hated talking to Giyuu like they didn't share that moment, he hated how amazing Giyuu looked in the early afternoon light.

🌪️🌊

They finally arrived at the Estate after an awkward 20 minutes walk.

Giyuu never knew what to say to Sanemi, he didn't want to ruin the small chances he got to see him by talking and angering Sanemi.

He never knew why Sanemi was so angered by what he said but he didn't want to ask and make things worse for them.

He seemed to finally be getting closer to Sanemi, especially after they kissed.

Giyuu still didn't know how he felt about that kiss, it was nice and all but why won't Sanemi talk about it.

He wouldn't mind if they didn't talk about it and they just did it again, but that didn't seem like it was going to happen anytime soon.

Giyuu and Sanemi walked into the estate and Giyuu quickly tried to figure out what they should do.

He knew Sanemi wanted to train but he thought they should do something more relaxing first, since they just came back from a mission.

"So..." Giyuu mumbled "what do you wanna do for now?"

"How the hell should I know, you invited me over" Sanemi grumbled.

He expected that answer but he was hoping he wouldn't get it.

"Do you want to help me make Ohagi?" Giyuu said, slightly higher than he was hoping to say that.

"Sure, why the fuck not" Sanemi sighed out, walking into the kitchen.

He leaned against the counter in Giyuu's kitchen, watching the raven haired man walk up next to him.

"I don't even think he realizes how hot he looks right now" Sanemi thought to himself.

Giyuu was still slightly sweaty from their mission, he had taken his haori off and layed it on the corner of the couch.

🌪️🌊

They got out all the necessary things to make Ohagi and Giyuu started by washing the rice.

Sanemi just leaned against the counter and watched his hands with a little too much interest.

Giyuu could see the snow haired man staring, he tried his best to ignore it though.

"Sanemi had to have been thinking of something important to not realize he was staring at me" Giyuu thought to himself as he washed the rice.

Sanemi continued to stare at Giyuu, not realizing he was doing it, until he switched to cooking the rice.

Finally snapping out of his glossed over gaze, Sanemi realized what he had been doing for who knows how long.

"Shit, how long was I staring for? Did he notice?" He thought to himself, trying not to change his facial expression.

Giyuu was onto shaping the rice balls by the time Sanemi readjusted to the world around him.

He worked silently, not even looking over at Sanemi to ask him to help, even though this was supposed to be a team effort.

Sanemi wasn't actually going to help even if Giyuu had asked, there was no way it wouldn't awaken something in him by being that close to the ink haired man.

Before Sanemi could even finish his thoughts on what Giyuu was doing, he was handed the Ohagi.

"Finished" Giyuu said flatly.

Giyuu was heading towards the couch to sit down, so Sanemi followed.

🌪️🌊

They sat in silence for what felt like forever, Sanemi had only eaten one of the Ohagi in that time.

"UGHHH You're so boring" Sanemi shouted, making Giyuu jump a little.

"Well what would you like to do then?" Giyuu said.

"Let's go train, I wanna kick your ass some more" Sanemi said, already getting up from his seat.

Giyuu followed the scar covered man out into the sparring area, hand on the hilt of his wooden sword.

He and Sanemi had sparred enough for him to know he needed to be ready the second they stepped in.

As he expected, as soon as they stepped into the sparring area, Sanemi shot at him.

Giyuu avoided it the best he could, hitting the sword with his own.

Sanemi had that crazy spark in his eye that he got when he was really into something and Giyuu knew this was going to be short practice.

Giyuu lunged at Sanemi as fast as he could, aiming for his face. Sanemi blocked with his sword just before the wood met the scar across his nose.

The ink haired man knew he could never actually hurt Sanemi while they were training, even if he wanted to.

They were pretty evenly matched but Sanemi almost always won anyway.

Sanemi ran at Giyuu, sword in hand, as he tried to hit him in the leg.

He hit Giyuu's leg and toppled over him, dropping his sword.

"Oh fuck" Sanemi said, rubbing his head with his eyes closed.

He opened his eyes and was met with another pair of eyes. Giyuu Tomioka's eyes to be exact.

When he had hit Giyuu, he slid onto the ground and Giyuu fucking Tomioka had landed straight in his lap, halfway straddling him.