Chapter 1

The first thing that people normally see in the morning is sunlight. The first thing they feel is the warmth of the bed underneath them and a sense of calm. But that wasn't the case for her.

The first thing she notices is the sharp pain she feels in her head. She brings a hand up to it to try and ease the pain somehow. She sits up as she opens her eyes. Darkness surrounds her. No morning sunlight. No bed. Just darkness.

She moves her hands around to feel cool hard metal. She loops her fingers through it as she files through her memory's to find any indication of where she is. But there is nothing. She has no memory of where she is.

Her fingers tremble as she moves her hand from her temple to the sides of her face to move the damp strands of hair that cling to her cheeks. That's when she notices her hair isn't the only thing that is wet but her clothes are too, they are soaking in fact.

An overwhelming sense of unease sets in her stomach. Her other senses begin to come back too. All she can hear is the sound of a machine whirring. All she can smell is an unbearable amount of sweat and machine oil that makes her want to puke.

She pushes her hands against the floor to stand up. The floor is unsteady making her legs shake. She grips the side to stop herself from falling. It feels to her as if it is moving upwards and swaying side to side which makes the girl feel nauseous.

Blue lights appear and disappear through the darkness on the walls, illuminating the space she is in ever so slightly. From what she can tell she is in a metal type container. A lift.

Crates, boxes and sacks surround her. All with the same words on. Wckd. She moves her hands along the side of the lift to try and find a way out. She knows even if she can find a way out there would be no where to go. Only if the lift stops and it feels to her as if it never would.

She gets to where she started without finding anything. She walks over to the crates and stacks one on top of the other. Standing on them she slowly reaches up to try and open the top of the lift. Her fingertips barley touch the top.

She thinks it would be unwise to stand on her tiptoes in a moving lift. She steps down and grabs a smaller crate and stacks it on top of the other two beside the wall of the lift. She once again steps on to the crates and reaches up.

This time her palms lay flat on the top of the lift. She pushes on the cold metal but it doesn't move. She tries again, pushing harder. As she tries to lift the lid up, dread begins to take over. Along with other emotions such as fear and confusion. All battling inside of her. Her mind racing.

A million thoughts fly threw her mind at once. But none could answer the question she wants to know so badly but dreads knowing because she fears the answer won't be to her liking.

She can remember all sorts of things, walking through a peaceful forest as leaves crunched under her boots as birds sung their hearts out, snow falling onto the ground to create a soft blanket, a busy city centre filled with all sorts of people, a paintbrush dragging along paper to create beautiful patterns and even eating in a restaurant.

So many images, thoughts and facts rush through her mind. But she has no clue where she was. Random things and activities but no faces. When she thought of people they have blurred faces. She can't remember anyone not a single person she can't even remember herself.

She tries to think of things about herself. What is her favourite colour? What does she like to do? What does she look like? What is her name? She doesn't even know her name.

No matter how hard she tries she can't remember. She searches her mind for any possible reasons or explanations. It is as if they are there she just can't reach them. Pain shoots through her temple and she stops trying to push the lid.

The elevator begins to speed up making the sound of chains, metal and whirring grow loader until she can't bare it anymore. "Help." She screams making her throat feel horse. She keeps on screaming and yelling, praying for this nightmare to be over until she can't anymore.

She can't tell how long she's been in the elevator but it feels like an eternity. As she looks up she releases it is reaching the top. Before she can react the box jolts to a stop causing her to get thrown against the wall.

The girl clutches the back of her head as blood begins oozing out. The warm liquid trickling down the side of her face and then across as she turns over and crawls to the nearest wall. She gripps the wall and pulls herself up.

She ambles over to the crates and pries one open. To her luck it is filled with tools and weapons. A black handled knife catches her eye and she slips it into her pocket, hoping she doesn't have to use it.

She hides behind a few sacks as the top of the elevator opens revealing a bright blinding light. She covers her eyes, shielding them to stop them from stinging anymore.

Murmurs erupt from above her making her turn back and look at the the source. Her eyes adjust and she sees dozens of people stood above her. Some short some tall. Some skinny some not. Some with blonde hair, ginger hair, brunette and black. But they are all boys. Every single one of them.

Not one notices the girl hiding in the corner or so she hopes no one notices her. They begin chatting to each other.

"where is he?" One questions
"maybe they forgot him." another one replies.
"that's strange that's never happened before"
"No greenie this month?"