𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Astraea

December 25, 1998

I've spent the past two weeks with Greyson. We've cherished every moment of winter break. He postponed his concerts so he could use the time with me.

Last month Blaire announced her pregnancy. She told Hestia and me the day she found out. She kept her pregnancy a secret for six months. She's already started to show a small bump. I'm beyond thrilled for Blaire and Roman. They left for Boston last night with Hestia.

I also invited a childhood friend of mine, Hera Romano. My brother used to babysit her with me when we were kids. She's flying in with my brother this morning. I haven't seen her in a while. She spends many hours babysitting when she's not in school. The family she babysits for pays her a lot of money. They're also paying for her University cost. She's become family to them.

Tomorrow, Riz leaves Boston, so tonight is her last day here. It feels surreal seeing someone you haven't seen in six years. I missed her laugh and how she'd try to convince me to ask Greyson out. I never did it. Greyson asked me instead. I felt my heart beat rapidly when I heard those words leave his mouth. It felt like a dream I never wanted to wake up from. The boy I was in love with had asked me to be his girlfriend. I was a sixteen-year-old girl in love.

Greyson wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his lips on my neck. I'll never get used to this. I'm so in love.

I felt my stomach get in knots. My lower abdomen has been aching for the last week. I believed it was my period, but it never came. My heart started to race. Before I could process my thoughts, I sprinted to the bathroom. I sat in front of the toilet and threw up. Greyson followed behind me and held my hair. He rubbed my back and asked, "Are you alright? Maybe it's from the drinks we had last night." I continued to throw up until my whole body ached, and I started to freeze. The winter time made being sick a lot worse.

Greyson helped me out of the bathroom and onto the bed. He'd lay next to me. He whispered, "Close your eyes, love. I'll stay with you. I can cancel our plans tonight if that's what you desire." I glanced up at him. I reassured him, "No, it's fine. Can you call Hestia? She should be on my contact list."

Hestia Garmez. She's my savior whenever I'm sick. Her grandmother was a doctor. She learned a lot about medicine growing up. She even aspires to be a nurse. She holds a strong front, but she's a girl who's gone through hell.

I barely had my eyes open as Greyson called Hestia. The phone rang twice before she answered, "Astraea? Is everything alright? Our flight just landed." Greyson took a deep breath before responding, "It's Greyson. Rea needs a consult."

Hestia chuckled, "Tell her I'll be there in half an hour. Her brother is in his honeymoon phase. He and Blaire are inseparable." I pushed myself up, leaning against the headboard. I wondered, "Are you getting a cab? I can send a car to pick you up."

Greyson wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to his chest. Hestia paused before replying, "When you say you'll send a car, you mean you're sending Greyson to pick us up?" I nodded and answered, "Exactly. He's an amazing driver."

The phone went silent until I heard a cluster of mumbled voices. My brother took the phone and told me, "We're renting a car. We'll be there soon. Love you, Rea." I sighed and replied, "Love you too, Roman."

He hung up. I rested my head on Greyson's chest. I confessed, "It's probably just a bad cold. I'll take painkillers." He nodded and pressed his lips on my forehead.

♫ ♫ ♫

After a long thirty minutes, I heard knocking echo through the apartment. Greyson shot his eyes at me. He exclaimed, "I'll get the door." I chuckled as he got off the bed and exited the bedroom. I could hear muttered voices. Greyson stayed in the living room with our guests, and Hestia entered my room. She had an oversized black coat and leggings. She stood next to me. Hestia admitted, "You know I'm not a doctor or a nurse?" I nodded and leaned my head back.